Cost of pallet forks

/ Cost of pallet forks #41  
Would you consider their pallet-fork "add-a-grapple"? I got my forks from them, and they are fine but I was unsure of something with moving parts given their reputation. The forks were also "made in the USA", which I'm guessing the grapple is not. I suspect they are a knock-off of this offering by Precision Manufacturing. About 2/3 the price and available now (vs 3+ months from now).

I cuss myself every time I use a junky tool that doesn't quite work, but "now" and "cheap" have me wondering. I'd probably use them a couple of weeks a couple of times a year.

Thanks,
I'm in the same boat... I was looking at you post interested in hearing the answer, until I realized you were asking me.

I wouldn't use a grapple much & most times I would need them I don't know if 5-10 minutes & some lifting would encourage me to put on a non quick hitch impliment. Generally forks are enough for moving posts or pipe.

I suspect the grapple add on would be OK for light use. But probably lacking high strength steel or greasable fittings for harder use. Personally I could overlook those issues for my light use. I can't overlook a bad back & any manhandled of the grapple to attach it though.

/ Cost of pallet forks #42  
I'm in the same boat... I was looking at you post interested in hearing the answer, until I realized you were asking me.

I wouldn't use a grapple much & most times I would need them I don't know if 5-10 minutes & some lifting would encourage me to put on a non quick hitch impliment. Generally forks are enough for moving posts or pipe.

I suspect the grapple add on would be OK for light use. But probably lacking high strength steel or greasable fittings for harder use. Personally I could overlook those issues for my light use. I can't overlook a bad back & any manhandled of the grapple to attach it though.

I was asking anybody that had an opinion! Any of y'all.

It looks as if the Precision Manufacturing option does not appear to have greasable fittings either. The cylinder on the Titan looks smaller, and the metal is probably less beefy but I've also been told that the Precision Manufacturing item is a knock off of an even higher dollar item.

It look like you don't manhandle these on and off (like a bolt on), you slide the forks in as if you were picking it up, then "clamp" it down. I'm guessing that's the two bolts I can kinda see behind the support that the forks slide through. Trick would be getting it to stay upright till I did that (they don't show that part).

I'd mainly use it to pull brush out of the tree line and toss it on the burn pile, and not many hours each year. But the process now involves loading it into a pickup by hand and unloading it at the other end. My last kid will probably be moving on soon, and while this is not a terrible job for the two of us (rare job we can joke around on w/out hearing protection or too much attention to danger -- plus, "whose turn is it to jump up and down on the load") it'll probably be less fun for an old man all alone.

Of course, everybody tells me that once I have a grapple I'll use it a lot. I don't believe them, but they were right when they said that about the forks.

/ Cost of pallet forks #43  
It's not that difficult to put grease fittings in. However, only you know how much your time is worth.
If you ask TBN member Sawyer Rob he will tell you that a fork mounted grapple is better than a conventional types.
The price of those Titan add-ons are about what I paid for my MTL grapple two years ago but YIKES, haven't prices gone up! ($1129)