Buying Advice 4052r vs L4760

/ 4052r vs L4760 #41  
That's the other issue here, what is his Deere dealer like to deal with? Many people on this forum including myself can attest to not having a good experience with the local Deere dealer. And for the premium they are charging it doesn't make any sense.

My small down JD dealer got bought out by a company that owns several dealerships and the quality of service and customer relations went right down the toilet. A good friend worked there at the time, and he suggested I look at another color (although I had already decided to do so, for other reasons). He no longer works there because he refused to lie to customers and engage in other questionable practices (he left on his own, not forced out). For now my Kubota dealer is a short-line dealer that expanded. Several of my neighbors work there, and that helped me roll the dice on a Kubota. I have no idea how long that will last, and things might be exactly the opposite where you live.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #42  
>The kubota dealer is 5 miles away. The Deere dealer is 20miles.

That 15 miles doesn't sound like much, but I'll bet the pickup/delivery charges are significantly different. I'd got with the Kubota since working on these modern tractors is above my payscale.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #43  
My small down JD dealer got bought out by a company that owns several dealerships and the quality of service and customer relations went right down the toilet. A good friend worked there at the time, and he suggested I look at another color (although I had already decided to do so, for other reasons). He no longer works there because he refused to lie to customers and engage in other questionable practices (he left on his own, not forced out). For now my Kubota dealer is a short-line dealer that expanded. Several of my neighbors work there, and that helped me roll the dice on a Kubota. I have no idea how long that will last, and things might be exactly the opposite where you live.
My local dealer (in central Vermont) was bought out by a company too...quite likely the same company that bought your local dealer (company is in Texas and the initials are UT&T).
The local dealers here are pretty much independent, as far as how they run their businesses...I'm sure they have to meet corporate sales and profit quotas, like any corporation.
Frankly, I question your friend's concerns...but it's easy to blame or accuse the other guy, isn't it?

/ 4052r vs L4760 #44  
I’ve done all the research I can possibly do. I’ve narrowed it down to these two tractors in a cab. Both tractors are within 2$k of each other with the Deere being more. The financing rates and term are practically the same.

HP is nearly the same (49vs52)

Deere has a slight edge on loader capacity, but it’s minimal.

The kubota dealer is 5 miles away. The Deere dealer is 20miles.

because Of pandemic conditions there are no tractors available to test drive, so that isn’t an option.

Im hoping to get more info on here from people who might have driven both. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
They are both good tractors. I myself have a 2009 John Deere 4320 that I love. I wouldn’t have any other brand. It is built like a tank. And with a John Deere you have the option of all the John Deere merchandise you can buy. Which I have. I had to throw that in.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #45  
Although convenient, unless the tractor is a problem child, a local dealer isn't really too important...
In my 22-23 years of owning Deere tractors, I can count the number of times of the tractor needing dealer service on one hand, assuming one can do basic work like greasing, oil changes and such.
Roy I can agree with you on this about Deere. After two long years of research, I reached the conclusion that Deere has the highest batting average in the industry for reliability. They are the only manufacturer that includes transportation in the extended warranty and a lot of the dealers offer free pickup and delivery for the first two years of ownership. That is an offer no other manufacturers or dealers are offering.
One maintenance I could do, but have the dealer do, is hydraulic oil changes. That's only because I don't have a big enough container to capture the 7-8 gallons of hydraulic fluid. That said, if you change the hydraulic fluid per the manual recommendations, it's not a frequent task considering the number of hours many of us put on our tractors per year. I average 60-80 hours, per annum
You also make a good point about the hydraulic oil changes. Not something I had considered until you had mentioned it.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #46  
If you are getting rear remotes. talk to a knowledgeable sales man. there are different ways of setting them up on the JD, either with seperate levers or an electric diverter on the joystick but I didn't like the location of the rear remote levers thats why I went with a kubota. along with the price. my difference in price was more like 10,000 not 2,000. I was shopping pre covid. Jd can be had with SSQA instead of the proprietary system but at what cost. my quote was not iteized for the tractor so I don't know how much the SSQA upgrade was.

for those interested in 2017 a 4052R cab was 52903 and loader was 7966 before taxes in CAD

that was with 3 rear remotes

/ 4052r vs L4760 #47  
My small down JD dealer got bought out by a company that owns several dealerships and the quality of service and customer relations went right down the toilet.
That's the story we have been getting around here on TBN the last couple of years. The same thing happened here in my state. Doing business with a company when the management is in charge instead of the owners almost always never works.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #48  
That's the story we have been getting around here on TBN the last couple of years. The same thing happened here in my state. Doing business with a company when the management is in charge instead of the owners almost always never works.
That Buster Scruggs?

/ 4052r vs L4760 #49  
I wouldn’t let a few miles difference sway me though. My Kubota dealer charges $2.00/mile. I’m 10 miles away so a pick-up and return (times two = round trips) is $80. Not a big deal to me and certainly not worth the bother to buy, borrow, rent, or steal a trailer. Heck I could road it if possible for 10 mostly rural miles. Hopefully an unnecessary or rare need.

/ 4052r vs L4760 #50  
If you are getting rear remotes. talk to a knowledgeable sales man. there are different ways of setting them up on the JD, either with seperate levers or an electric diverter on the joystick but I didn't like the location of the rear remote levers thats why I went with a kubota. along with the price. my difference in price was more like 10,000 not 2,000. I was shopping pre covid. Jd can be had with SSQA instead of the proprietary system but at what cost. my quote was not iteized for the tractor so I don't know how much the SSQA upgrade was.

for those interested in 2017 a 4052R cab was 52903 and loader was 7966 before taxes in CAD

that was with 3 rear remotes
And get 'em when you buy the tractor!

I have one and I want 2 more...gonna be lot costlier for me...