Broke 2 Oil filter wrenches

/ Broke 2 Oil filter wrenches #11  
If it's the first filter change try cutting the paint all around the filter. After doing that the strap wrench or whatever should work.
You'd have to cut the paint bond between the filter base and the gasket. Might be a tad hard to get into that space.

/ Broke 2 Oil filter wrenches #12  
Actually, not. The filters are installed prior to final chassis paint and the painted filter locks it on. Real common. I never bother with a filter wrench, put a pan under the filter, take a long handled alignment punch, drive it through the body and lever it off. Been doing it that way on every new tractor I've purchased for years now. Once you change it, the next one will come off easily. The paint is holding it on, nothing else.
Screwdriver works great as well.

/ Broke 2 Oil filter wrenches #13  
I did the same as Roadworthy and cut the paint between the base and the filter with a box cutter blade and had no problem getting the original hydraulic filter off.

/ Broke 2 Oil filter wrenches #14  
Trying to get the Hydro oil filter off.
I am hoping to avoid pounding a hole through the thing because it'll be messy.
I've crushed the can with one tool A band wrench just slips. A chain wrench slips. Can't get my big pipe wrench on it;
That's why I always let the dealer do the first service. Problems from the factory are on them.

/ Broke 2 Oil filter wrenches #15  
I don’t know about a Kioti but the Kubota hydraulic filter has a fairly heavy gauge ring around the top of the filter that you can hammer on with a chisel.

/ Broke 2 Oil filter wrenches #16  
chain wrenches will destroy the filter before they slip. tighten it up!

/ Broke 2 Oil filter wrenches #17  
Definitely cut the paint around the filter mating surface! I fought and fought with the hydraulic filter until I cut the paint.... came off easy after cutting the paint.

/ Broke 2 Oil filter wrenches #18  
I just ordered one of these for the stuck on filters, though smaller than most tractor hydro filters. We'll see how it does.

Lisle 63600 Oil Filter Tool,​

Attachments

• 1648350920740.png
    1648350920740.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 127
   / Broke 2 Oil filter wrenches #20  
I just ordered one of these for the stuck on filters, though smaller than most tractor hydro filters. We'll see how it does.

Lisle 63600 Oil Filter Tool,​

Own it, works great on cars. Didn't have the clearance to fit it on my mahindra, it was that tight of a clearance. used a chain wrench