John Deere OEM Easy Change Conversion Kit

/ John Deere OEM Easy Change Conversion Kit #1  

melvinhatcher

Bronze Member
Tractor
1948 John Deere M and 2016 Kubota L3301
Anyone ever installed the new John Deere OEM easy change conversion kit on the new John Deere Z365r?

/ John Deere OEM Easy Change Conversion Kit #2  
Here is one of the video's taking the kit off.

/ John Deere OEM Easy Change Conversion Kit
Thank you, I have seen this video. The conversion seems easy enough but, this conversion is done on a lawn "tractor" not a "zero turn". I am aware that the engines are the same, the conversion kit will be the same, the procedure will be the same.
My concern is after the conversion the ability to drain the oil. I don't think the oil drain tube is going to be long enough to drain the oil without making a mess on the chassis of the zero turn.

/ John Deere OEM Easy Change Conversion Kit #4  
Thank you, I have seen this video. The conversion seems easy enough but, this conversion is done on a lawn "tractor" not a "zero turn". I am aware that the engines are the same, the conversion kit will be the same, the procedure will be the same.
My concern is after the conversion the ability to drain the oil. I don't think the oil drain tube is going to be long enough to drain the oil without making a mess on the chassis of the zero turn.

Most machines these days use an oil drain hose which is usually more convenient and less messy than using the old style drain tube,

You can buy drain hoses on Amazon for pretty much every mower engine around. It would probably make it much easier and less messy when changing oil.

1650043540038.png

/ John Deere OEM Easy Change Conversion Kit #5  
Most machines these days use an oil drain hose which is usually more convenient and less messy than using the old style drain tube,

You can buy drain hoses on Amazon for pretty much every mower engine around. It would probably make it much easier and less messy when changing oil.

View attachment 741883
I've also just added a pipe nipple to get the drain out past the frame or other obsticles.

My X584 came with a nice extension with a handy drain valve on the end. The thing they did not do very well was the catch trough beneath the filter. I had to fab up a piece of sheet metal to get that out far enough to avoid mess.

/ John Deere OEM Easy Change Conversion Kit #6  
I've also just added a pipe nipple to get the drain out past the frame or other obsticles.

My X584 came with a nice extension with a handy drain valve on the end. The thing they did not do very well was the catch trough beneath the filter. I had to fab up a piece of sheet metal to get that out far enough to avoid mess.

I use a Form-A-Funnel on my X500 oil filter. It tucks right under the filter and then I form the other end to go into a drain pan. They come in different sizes.

1650044564404.png

/ John Deere OEM Easy Change Conversion Kit
Thanks everyone, just the information I was looking for.

/ John Deere OEM Easy Change Conversion Kit #9  
Seems the "fault" with the Easy Change system is it doesn't drain the old oil out of the engine completely.

Possible cure is to keep the Easy Change but install a drain pipe in the drain plug hole. Then when changing the filter, just go the extra draining the crankcase.
No mess on the filter side. Just may have to add a bit of oil to fill to the dipstick full mark.

/ John Deere OEM Easy Change Conversion Kit #10  
Another possible fault is that it's 50$ for a mediocre oil filter. The price of a new nipple takes care of that.