Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #491  
Interesting....I did not know this.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #492  
We were a bunch of crusty old men wearing tinfoil hats staggering around parking lots like zombies roasting in the sun with our mouths hanging open eating hordes of flies holding remote controls under our chins pushing buttons looking for our lost cars. And we liked it! We loved it!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #493  
A US bill is 6" long (actually 6.14"...but close enough). A penny weighs 2.5 grams. Penny's pre 1982 had more copper and were 3 grams. You can measure your shoe length and stride.
Handy to know to get a rough idea if you don't have a tape measure.
One of the few things I remembered from geometry was the pythagorean theorem I've used to find triangle hypotenuse. It's the square root one side squared plus other side squared. Easy way is remember a 3,4,5 triangle. If one side is 3, one 4, hypotenuse is 5. I've used it cutting lumber; and a nail, string & pencil for a circle.
Today I learned something new. A 200 pound man falling just 6 feet hits with 10,000 pounds of force! I was talking to a friend about working 24 feet up using a body harness. That 5 ton force is a lot just falling 6 feet, so rope or strap better be strong.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #494  
Today I learned something new. A 200 pound man falling just 6 feet hits with 10,000 pounds of force! I was talking to a friend about working 24 feet up using a body harness. That 5 ton force is a lot just falling 6 feet, so rope or strap better be strong.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #495  
Water always finds its level. Is this correct? If so, how do the oceans and seas have a curve? I have always wondered how that works. Is it the salt? Gravity? Is there a scientific explanation?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #496  
Gravity

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #497  
Suspension bridges like the golden gate bridge actually have their towers farther apart at the top than at the bottom. They are based on a radial line from the center of the earth so that each tower will be plumb.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #499  
I learned to play the guitar in the early 50's; bought an electric in 1959. Was playing at a Jam session one evening, during a break, heard this music, but there was no radio or TV on. Traced it to my guitar...it was picking up a local radio station broadcast. This is the only time I recall that happening.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #500  
No one else understands gravity either. They can measure it though.