Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,712  
Yesterday I got a surprise. Cleaning up the last of our old garden spot. This area will be allowed to come back with field grass. Add to my lawn that circles my home and out buildings.

Pulling the old T-145 steel posts with the grapple. Grabbed onto one and began the pull. WHOA - the rear of the tractor starts rising up. This is my Kutota M6040 with 1550 pounds of RimGuard in the rear tires and a 1000+ pound Rhino rear blade on the 3-point.

Fortunately - I was awake and nothing serious transpired. Gave the T-post a few sharp tugs and it came out. But - it must have grown roots while it was sitting there for all these years.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,713  
Yesterday I got a surprise. Cleaning up the last of our old garden spot. This area will be allowed to come back with field grass. Add to my lawn that circles my home and out buildings.

Pulling the old T-145 steel posts with the grapple. Grabbed onto one and began the pull. WHOA - the rear of the tractor starts rising up. This is my Kutota M6040 with 1550 pounds of RimGuard in the rear tires and a 1000+ pound Rhino rear blade on the 3-point.

Fortunately - I was awake and nothing serious transpired. Gave the T-post a few sharp tugs and it came out. But - it must have grown roots while it was sitting there for all these years.
I was pulling some out of our corrosive clay soil and they were coming up with clumps of rusted soil attached. Did make them harder to pull.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,714  
Fire is natural, also. However, it doesn't mix well with our current population, so it makes more sense to mimic it in other ways... removing brush and cutting trees.
That is what the parks and environmentalists came up. Any idea how many people it takes to remove all that brush? i don't think they did that calculation either because they are a little behind!

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,715  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #8,716  

I have one of those. I couldn't budge it, and then I realized the rear wheels were coming off the ground. (Not such a big deal on a power-Trac, but not desirable for sure.) Then it dawned on my feeble brain that there was a 24" diameter oak three feet away. I assume some oak roots grew around the T-post. What's the line they try to train you on, practice "situational awareness"?

Since then, I have noticed that the cows seem love it as an itching post, so I haven't bothered to go out with a shovel and a 4.25" cut off wheel to remove it.

All the best,

Peter

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #8,717  
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #8,718  
What's Janice doing on Earth above the Moon?
2024_05_14_12.12.39.jpg

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #8,719  
That is what the parks and environmentalists came up. Any idea how many people it takes to remove all that brush? i don't think they did that calculation either because they are a little behind!
What's your solution?