Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #31  
I do love my battery tools but none are saws. I would use battery ones if they'd last long enought for the multi-day work we do.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #32  
Maybe...maybe not
If you don't like 'em, don't get one...my battery saw serves my purpose and I don't put down folks who prefer gas models

And I am not knocking anyone either, but I have a box of old battery tools that are useless because battery tech always evolves and moves to a new thing.

Why get caught up in that cycle of consumerism when there are proven longer term solutions?

/ Battery powered chainsaw #33  
In thirty years I will be able to start my small top handle stihl saw, while a battery saw will be in a box will all the other outdated battery tools.
If you’d been around in 1920 you would have been saying “Automobiles will never be as reliable as horses. Nobody ever had to crank start a horse. And horses run on grass so they’re more economical.” 😉

/ Battery powered chainsaw #34  
If you’d been around in 1920 you would have been saying “Automobiles will never be as reliable as horses. Nobody ever had to crank start a horse. And horses run on grass so they’re more economical.” 😉

Did you just pull the old my hindsight is better than your foresight argument.

I think you just did...

/ Battery powered chainsaw #35  
Did you just pull the old my hindsight is better than your foresight argument.

I think you just did...
No, I think I pulled the old “The world is moving on. Nobody is worried if grandpa is happy about it.” argument.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #36  
No, I think I pulled the old “The world is moving on. Nobody is worried if grandpa is happy about it.” argument.

Grandpa has a box of old, the world is moving on artifacts, to confirm consumerism is not what it's cracked up to be.

While grandpa goes and fires up his farmall with an old husky saw that he bought back in 1970.

Old people should know it's better to buy rebuildable equipment instead of disposable equipment.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #37  
Some people will argue that the batteries with go bad and you can't find replacements in X years. I'd say that might be a reasonable thing worry about. :unsure:

/ Battery powered chainsaw #38  
Some people will argue that the batteries with go bad and you can't find replacements in X years. I'd say that might be a reasonable thing worry about. :unsure:

Just in time for Dewalt to sell you another battery saw with an even "better" battery for it.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #39  
If you’d been around in 1920 you would have been saying “Automobiles will never be as reliable as horses. Nobody ever had to crank start a horse. And horses run on grass so they’re more economical.”
I say that now! Plus they have a brain!

/ Battery powered chainsaw #40  
Grandpa has a box of old, the world is moving on artifacts, to confirm consumerism is not what it's cracked up to be.

While grandpa goes and fires up his farmall with an old husky saw that he bought back in 1970.

Old people should know it's better to buy rebuildable equipment instead of disposable equipment.
What makes you think battery equipment isn't rebuildable,(sp)? I've already had a motor replaced in one of my saws. They aren't anywhere near as involved as many gas powered saws. Look into it.