Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #11  
I have the Dewalt V 60 And it has been great! I just keep a few extra battery's on my tractor for it. Very easy to use and with a sharp chain it cuts like crazy.
nwood.jpeg
nwood1.jpeg

/ Battery powered chainsaw #12  
I've thinking about buying a cheap one (Ryobi) I have a 15% off coupon at HD.
I picked up a five tool 40V Ryobi kit, lawn mower, trimmer, blower, hedge trimmer and chainsaw. Haven't done much with the saw yet, but for all intents and purposes, it looks and feels like a gasser ... same chain, bar, etc. Can't remember off hand if it's an 18 or 20" bar. I'll be using it for the occasional branch down or light trimming. I gave up on firewood work for other reasons and I have a gasser if I need it.

I like the idea of no fuel and not having to leave it idling, or trying to restart it.

Can't give a long duration comment or speak to battery run time , but what little I've done is OK.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #13  
Atlas 80v 18" from harbor freight. Had it about a year now. Also have Atlas 40v pole saw that uses same batteries. Chainsaw is a beast, one battery equal to 2-3 tanks of gas. Super quiet too. Atlas leaf blower is next on my list.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #14  
Many positive posts for battery chainsaws...

Look at the whole line offering in case there is something you might need later.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #15  
I found a used Ryobi 14" 40V chainsaw on FB marketplace. For the price I thought I would give it a try.
It definitely has the feel of a real chainsaw and cuts surprisingly well.
I replaced the semi-chisel chain with a full chisel and it made a world of difference in cutting ease and speed.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #16  
+1 for the DeWalt 20V Max saw.

I have a couple of dozen other DeWalt cordless tools and a good supply of their batteries. It made sense to get the DeWalt chainsaw saw.

My only complaint was the rather short 12" bar. With fewer teeth, the chain needed frequent sharpening. As a fix, I replaced the 12" bar with an Oregon 14" bar and a matching carbide chain. I've been using it weekly now for over a year and the chain still cuts like new. It's amazing how long a 20V battery lasts with a sharp chain.

The DeWalt won't replace my 20" Husqvarna 460 Rancher for heavy logging but it works great for everything else. It's standard gear when I take the tractor into the woods.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #17  
My daughter-in-law wanted to buy my son a chainsaw for Christmas a couple years ago and being the fortune teller I am :unsure: I talked her into a battery Milwaukee because he already had an impact and drill and I have several batteries. My prediction was right it set in his closet for almost a year when he used it for fifteen minutes and put it back, his pawpaw borrowed it to carry it up a ladder and I used it also just checking it out it worked surprisingly well but it sits in his closet so much if it was gas powered I would have to work on it every time it was used so in his situation it has been great. His pawpaw and I both own multiple chainsaws and we both liked the battery operated one for what we used it for.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #18  
I a lot of Milwaukee tools and bought their trimmer/pole saw while on sale.
Other than it doesn't oil well and is slow, it works fine for in the woods trimming since I start/stop it constantly.

I have 2 gas saws for anything big though, lots of big trees to buck, don't think a battery saw would be useful for them, even the 60cc with 24" bar takes some time to buck these.
620atwork20220405_175158.jpg

/ Battery powered chainsaw #19  
who owns owns one ? Brand ?
Kobalt 40V. I highly recommend it. Battery life is amazing. The same batteries also power my circular saw, miter saw, string trimmer, leaf blower, and power washer.

Attachments

• 9183E04D-AB9B-4DB6-8A09-692DB6FA2DC0.jpeg
    9183E04D-AB9B-4DB6-8A09-692DB6FA2DC0.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 146
   / Battery powered chainsaw #20  
After a lot of research I purchased a Echo 58volt chainsaw;later a string trimmer.A little heavy but works very well for me.I don't cut fire-wood any-more just clean ups.Lots of power and 16" bar.