Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #42  
What makes you think battery equipment isn't rebuildable,(sp)? I've already had a motor replaced in one of my saws. They aren't anywhere near as involved as many gas powered saws. Look into it.
Your post implies you had to have someone replace it for you. How many homeower joes would elect to send off a saw for a chance it's fixable rather than just buy a new one to get the limb cut up?

/ Battery powered chainsaw #44  
Your post implies you had to have someone replace it for you. How many homeower joes would elect to send off a saw for a chance it's fixable rather than just buy a new one to get the limb cut up?
Didjaever hear about warranties? How many gas saws come with a 5 year warranty like my EGO equipment?

/ Battery powered chainsaw #45  
Didjaever hear about warranties? How many gas saws come with a 5 year warranty like my EGO equipment?

I don't know if this argument changes the discussion as warranties come on both types of equipment. Most warrantee claims come in the first 2 years so does it matter if it's 5 vs 3?

/ Battery powered chainsaw #46  
Both of my Echo Saws have 5 year warranties.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #47  
Both of my Echo Saws have 5 year warranties.
My stihl and huskys come with warranties too, but I never pay attention to their length.

I just aquired a Stihl 090 and a McCulloch Super Pro 125 that are older than me to cut some huge Cottonwoods along ditches. I wonder in 40 years if a guy will go out of his way to buy a 2020 dewalt battery chainsaw?

/ Battery powered chainsaw #48  
I don't know if this argument changes the discussion as warranties come on both types of equipment. Most warrantee claims come in the first 2 years so does it matter if it's 5 vs 3?
Evidently in your world, it doesn't. I prefer a 5 year warranty. More peace of mind.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #49  
Evidently in your world, it doesn't. I prefer a 5 year warranty. More peace of mind.
So warranties drive your purchase decisions on a consumable item.

There is an oxymoron term for that...