Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #51  
Snobdds - I think you can replace the cells in the batteries. I do know its common for the Ryobi batteries. Not sure on Dewalts. From what I see (I haven't actually replaced them yet, but I have two batteries to rebuild) it looks much easier that replacing rings in an old worn out saw.

I cut up a 18" poplar that fell with my Milwaukee. It has great power and the larger batteries (9mAh??) last a surprisingly long time. Best of all, no hard starting. Works right off the bat.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #53  
Snobdds - I think you can replace the cells in the batteries. I do know its common for the Ryobi batteries. Not sure on Dewalts. From what I see (I haven't actually replaced them yet, but I have two batteries to rebuild) it looks much easier that replacing rings in an old worn out saw.

I cut up a 18" poplar that fell with my Milwaukee. It has great power and the larger batteries (9mAh??) last a surprisingly long time. Best of all, no hard starting. Works right off the bat.

Anything is possible if you have the time, knowledge, and access to correct parts. I don't doubt someone has replaced the cells.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #54  
My stihl and huskys come with warranties too, but I never pay attention to their length.

I just aquired a Stihl 090 and a McCulloch Super Pro 125 that are older than me to cut some huge Cottonwoods along ditches. I wonder in 40 years if a guy will go out of his way to buy a 2020 dewalt battery chainsaw?
Makes a person wonder why you would need to keep acquiring saws if they all last forever.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #55  
Some people will argue that the batteries with go bad and you can't find replacements in X years. I'd say that might be a reasonable thing worry about. :unsure:
If one is handy enough, batteries can be repaired:

Parts may be a hassle though...

/ Battery powered chainsaw #56  
Makes a person wonder why you would need to keep acquiring saws if they all last forever.

Well bill...trees continue to keep growing. Plus when you have a ranch, a cabin, and a ski chalet in the mountains...I like to have lots of saws at each place for each type of cutting.

20210402_160235.jpgWP_20170827_003.jpg

Last edited:
   / Battery powered chainsaw #57  
My B&D stock appreciates your repeat business...

Stock up on those batteries...
I don't own such.
Please continue with your obtuse comments. It seems to be your stock in trade on these forums, big boy. I enjoy watching people make fools of themselves. Over and out dealing with comments born out of ignorance. Enjoy your gas powered life.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #58  
I don't own such.
Please continue with your obtuse comments. It seems to be your stock in trade on these forums, big boy. I enjoy watching people make fools of themselves. Over and out dealing with comments born out of ignorance. Enjoy your gas powered life.

I feel you're giving up on your point. You were just about to convince me, but now I have to suffer with my old reliables.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #60  
Our 18" Kobalt 80v starts jerk free.