Pressure washer with suction?

/ Pressure washer with suction? #1  

Joel/ak

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat 324
I'm looking for a decent pressure washer that can suck water out of a tank for at the property. Just to do a quick clean up on the equipment.

If something needs to be fixed, I can bring it home and do a good cleaning. Right now I have to bring everything home to wash and it's a PIA.

DeWalt has a 20v with suction but talking with a friend that has 1 said it won't work well with our mud.

Gas or electric. I have a generator out there.

Thought about like a transfer pump but currently I have a bunch of those white 30 gallon or so plastic jugs and they don't have removable tops.

Any ideas?

/ Pressure washer with suction? #2  
I'm looking for a decent pressure washer that can suck water out of a tank for at the property. Just to do a quick clean up on the equipment.

If something needs to be fixed, I can bring it home and do a good cleaning. Right now I have to bring everything home to wash and it's a PIA.

DeWalt has a 20v with suction but talking with a friend that has 1 said it won't work well with our mud.

Gas or electric. I have a generator out there.

Thought about like a transfer pump but currently I have a bunch of those white 30 gallon or so plastic jugs and they don't have removable tops.

Any ideas?

Why not gravity feed the pump? All it needs is positive pressure and volume to operate. Ive power washed many an oil rig location. Completely mobile. No available water except what I hauled in.

/ Pressure washer with suction?
Why not gravity feed the pump? All it needs is positive pressure and volume to operate. Ive power washed many an oil rig location. Completely mobile. No available water except what I hauled in.
I've thought about that. Make a cradle with fork pockets ( rig a pallet) and just make a bung plug with hose adapter.

/ Pressure washer with suction? #5  
I've thought about that. Make a cradle with fork pockets ( rig a pallet) and just make a bung plug with hose adapter.

Should be fine sitting on ground and washer sitting on ground. I had it all sitting on a long goose neck trailer. 2 500 gal poly tanks. Usually last entire job.

/ Pressure washer with suction? #6  
Check the input pressure requirement for the washer you plan to use. Mine requires 20 psi minimum. I've used it with less but the pump overheats.

/ Pressure washer with suction? #7  
After working on pressure washers for over 20 years, the only ones that I have found for using gravity feed, or suction are the belt driven style pumps. The type used on portable pressure washer rigs. The rest require a certain input pressure to prevent cavitation issues.

I have ran the other pumps on a 450 gallon tank for testing but don't want to run for very long because you can tell there is cavitation or will not re-pressure after pausing in some cases.

/ Pressure washer with suction?
I'm not looking to take paint off. Just enough to knock mud off our mini excavator (tracks, etc), knock the mud off the sxs and tractor etc.

Friends gonna let me try his DeWalt battery powered at 500psi since I got the mini at my house and the tracks are full of mud. Doesn't hurt to try it.

/ Pressure washer with suction? #10  
I'm not looking to take paint off. Just enough to knock mud off our mini excavator (tracks, etc), knock the mud off the sxs and tractor etc.

Friends gonna let me try his DeWalt battery powered at 500psi since I got the mini at my house and the tracks are full of mud. Doesn't hurt to try it.
tracks on an excavator? i consider my 2k electric to be the bare minimum. your going to be slow going at 500 psi.