New Pioneer 520 Arrived

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #41  
7EA5612C-B77A-485A-977A-26CE3179BD2A.jpeg
21923032-257A-4FB0-9A47-5FEF13E27119.jpeg

I got everything installed; windshield, hardtop, mirror, under hood storage and glove box. The 520 is ready for business.

Mike

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #42  
Depending what kind of windshield you get underhood storage is hard to access in my experience, and my windshield was a flip up hardcoated Honda OEM. Ended up taking front storage box out.
I got the OEM windshield and yes, it’s pretty tight accessing the under hood storage box. I don’t plan on storing anything in there that I need often so it should be okay. Time will tell.

Mike

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #43  
   / New Pioneer 520 Arrived #44  
“that's what I had to pay”

Well no, not really. It’s a toy discretionary purchase. I’ve never in my life bought a toy discretionary purchase, unless it was a steal.

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #46  
Years ago we purchased a plexi-glass non OEM windshield and never ever, do that again.
From experience make sure it's hardcoated polycarbonate imo. on our wolverine X4 it's aftermarket and personally I like it a lot better than the OEM one on our pioneer 500.

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #47  
Here's a pic of the pioneer OEM windshield and why it was inconvenient to use the front storage. Windshield needs to be folded up for access. My X4 aftermarket is set back so you can access under the hood without messing with windshield. In any case both are hardcoated polycarbonate, can be trailered without removing windshields, and have a inexpensive hand crank wiper.

Attachments

• KIMG0825.JPG
    KIMG0825.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
  • KIMG0621.JPG
    KIMG0621.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 65
   / New Pioneer 520 Arrived
I went with a Tusk half shield which is perfect for me, the air goes over my head yet I'm looking over it. I was concerned that it is made of acrylic and will scratch easily but so far (for over a year) it's held up fine. And the thing was cheap so if it gets badly scratched I'll just buy another one.

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #49  
Whether you go with a half or full windshield depends on the environment you ride in and what conditions you tolerate imo a half windshield is pretty much a small windbreak, a full windshield stops rain and snow, a full windshield scratched badly where your line of sight is can be bothersome and dangerous for some. Getting caught in a rain storm and riding on a cold fall day more than once I'll never get a half windshield again. yeah a full flip up poly c windshield is more expensive and hardcoating adds even more to that price but for me anyway it's worth it.