New Pioneer 520 Arrived

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived
Whether you go with a half or full windshield depends on the environment you ride in and what conditions you tolerate imo....
Exactly. I generally prefer being out in the weather, which is why my tractor doesn't have a cab, and I enjoy riding motorcycles. My Mule MX came with a roof but it, along with the hard doors, came off right away because it just feels better and is quieter w/o them. But where I am the temps are pretty moderate, it seldom ever hits 90 and it seldom gets down in single digits. If I lived somewhere where it stayed very cold for long periods I might have to rethink and go with a full enclosure and maybe even a heater.

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #52  
Exactly. I generally prefer being out in the weather, which is why my tractor doesn't have a cab, and I enjoy riding motorcycles. My Mule MX came with a roof but it, along with the hard doors, came off right away because it just feels better and is quieter w/o them. But where I am the temps are pretty moderate, it seldom ever hits 90 and it seldom gets down in single digits. If I lived somewhere where it stayed very cold for long periods I might have to rethink and go with a full enclosure and maybe even a heater.
And that is why at times I like full airflow, hence a flip up windshield on my wolverine, I love being outdoors exploring the woods in a sxs until it's 40 degrees and I'm in a downpour.

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #53  
Glass windshield for my utv only.
Poly scratch's WAY to easily (can't even clean my poly rear window without scratching the dam thing)

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #54  
Glass windshield for my utv only.
Poly scratch's WAY to easily (can't even clean my poly rear window without scratching the dam thing)
I'm going on 6yrs on my hardcoated pioneer windshield still very usable and it's constantly driven around low hanging branches. I don't know the name of it off hand but I use a acrylic/ poly carbonate cleaner made by rain x and microfiber cloth or sometimes I'll just rinse it off with water.

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #55  
If I had bad luck with hardcoated polycarbonate. glass would be my first choice for replacement.

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #56  
We switched to glass ones which always had wipers. A Windshield is your friend!
defgrizgate88.jpg

Last edited:
   / New Pioneer 520 Arrived #57  
We switched to glass ones which always had wipers. A Windshields is your friend!
Yes, I run a windshield washer and wipers on my glass windshield also.
Try that for any amount of time in dirt/mud with poly.

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #58  
Yes, I run a windshield washer and wipers on my glass windshield also.
Try that for any amount of time in dirt/mud with poly.
Not saying hard coated poly is better than glass but I'm going on 6 pretty hard years on it and still very usable and it's half the price of glass.thpugh I will say definitively hard coated poly is way better than plexiglass or any other acrylic sheet.

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #59  
I’ve got just about 20 miles on the 520 and hoping for more today. I’m still getting the abrupt shifting and some vibration at idle. Hopefully things will smooth out a bit with more use.

I’ll definitely be adding some taller tires to help with the short gearing.

Mike

/ New Pioneer 520 Arrived #60  
E3060AB2-E0A9-4DF9-9806-94CA82B3F374.jpeg

I’m definitely enjoying the 520. It’s nice to be able to throw my chainsaw, clippers and gear in the back of the 520 and tend to chores on the property. It’s much more convenient than trying to do the same on the tractor. The 520 is my property pickup truck, lol

Mike