Cruise control self install

/ Cruise control self install #1  

Doughknob

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere X500, Bobcat CT4045
Installed Bobcat’s cruise control kit last week. Was a breeze to do and it works great. I can set it and stand up while traversing the hay field like old days on the geared tractors!

/ Cruise control self install #2  
Would be nice to have a cruise control where the MPH could be preset and held reasonably close for chores such as fertilizing and spraying.

/ Cruise control self install #3  
Is it plug and play? Or is there more to it?

/ Cruise control self install #4  
Is it plug and play? Or is there more to it?

Plug and play. I installed mine too..they only thing that did wrong with the kit is the plug can be installed either way on the switch, so I initially had mine backwards. Off was on, and on was off.

Comes with all the relays, and the tractor already has the harness that the kit connects to. Took maybe 10-15 mins.

/ Cruise control self install #5  
Would be nice to have a cruise control where the MPH could be preset and held reasonably close for chores such as fertilizing and spraying.

I feel like it holds the speed pretty steady... do you have it and a different experience with yours?

/ Cruise control self install #6  
Installed Bobcat’s cruise control kit last week. Was a breeze to do and it works great. I can set it and stand up while traversing the hay field like old days on the geared tractors!

You can stand up??? Did you disable the seat sensor? Lol.

/ Cruise control self install #7  
Plug and play. I installed mine too..they only thing that did wrong with the kit is the plug can be installed either way on the switch, so I initially had mine backwards. Off was on, and on was off.

Comes with all the relays, and the tractor already has the harness that the kit connects to. Took maybe 10-15 mins.

Awesome. 👍

/ Cruise control self install
You can stand up??? Did you disable the seat sensor? Lol.
Oh Yes! That is one of the first things i did. I hate those stupid things.

/ Cruise control self install #10  
I feel like it holds the speed pretty steady... do you have it and a different experience with yours?
My tractor holds a steady speed when the cruise control lever is engaged. What I'm saying, though, is that an automotive type cruise control where the speed can be preset would be helpful on a tractor doing seeding, fertilizing and spraying type jobs. For example, one has found that application rate is correct when the engine RPM is at 1250 and the ground speed is at 2.6 MPH so presetting the 2.6 MPH.

Even just an accurate speedometer on a subcompact tractor would be handy just like on the larger farm tractors.