What is this part?

/ What is this part? #1  

W8BYA

Silver Member
Tractor
NH Boomer 40
Along with a lot of recognizable nuts, bolts, etc I found a handful of these items. Any idea what they are called and how they are used? The weird thing (to me) is that the side that says 5/16" bolt is smooth bored while the side marked stretch 5/8" Drill has internal threads.
weird-1.jpg

/ What is this part? #2  
Jam nut. Put it in cement maybe? Drill out with a 5/8 drill, drop that in, put a 5/16 bolt in and tighten to wedge it in place.

/ What is this part?
Jam nut. Put it in cement maybe? Drill out with a 5/8 drill, drop that in, put a 5/16 bolt in and tighten to wedge it in place.
Weirdest looking jam nut/device I have ever seen. What end goes in the hole first?

/ What is this part? #4  
End with the threads is how I would do it.

/ What is this part? #6  
One end should be threaded that end goes in first...if using in cement make sure cement dust remove.

/ What is this part? #8  
One end should be threaded that end goes in first...if using in cement make sure cement dust remove.
Yes, and use a washer under the bolt head, keep in tight against the surface as you tighten.
You need to drill the hole deep enough so the bolt doesn’t bottom out before it’s tight.

/ What is this part? #10  
Usually called Double Expansion Anchor or Double Bolt Anchor usually used for medium to heavy loads... the threaded end go in first.

Bolt Depot