Comparison The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #31  
I think Massey gets overlooked sometimes when discussing top tractor brands. Their premium tractors are extremely nice machines. I have compared with Kubota and Deere and in my mind just as equal in quality and performance as the Deere and Kubota.

My Uncle has a Massey 1643 and that tractor is nice and has served him well. Lots of room and comfortable to operate.

I will say that out of all the different tractors I have been on, the Deere hands down has the best ergonomics. They are very comfortable and that means a whole lot when running all day. My next tractor if I ever buy will probably be a Deere. Massey would be a strong second.

I spent $ 375.00 on a Filson game jacket 4 or 5 years ago. Some of the guys gave me a hard time for spending that kind of money. However, when it comes to getting in briers and brush where the game is, they are nowhere to be found. Love that jacket and it was worth the money compared to the cheap hunting crap that is sold today.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #32  
I'm a really hard sell, so when I buy a tractor, vehicle, house, equipment it is a heavily researched purchase. I can buy pizza in 30 seconds or less though :)
I rarely buy big ticket items new.
I have way too many vehicles, and most are under $5k - but they all have a purpose ... specific use, collectible, value to generate income or profit.
I'll occasionally buy cheap, inexpensive, or both, ... but even those items would have great potential for profit

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #34  
I've listened to some pretty snarky Power Trac owners here on TBN. But I never held it against the machine. :rolleyes:
Apples to oranges. Go visit the dealer. They'll help you find local accommodations and feed you lunch, too.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #35  
Says a lot more about the dealership than the manufacturer.
Yes it does. They can have an excellent product, but the dealer is their interface to the customer.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #36  
I think Massey gets overlooked sometimes when discussing top tractor brands. Their premium tractors are extremely nice machines. I have compared with Kubota and Deere and in my mind just as equal in quality and performance as the Deere and Kubota.

My Uncle has a Massey 1643 and that tractor is nice and has served him well. Lots of room and comfortable to operate.

I will say that out of all the different tractors I have been on, the Deere hands down has the best ergonomics. They are very comfortable and that means a whole lot when running all day. My next tractor if I ever buy will probably be a Deere. Massey would be a strong second.

I spent $ 375.00 on a Filson game jacket 4 or 5 years ago. Some of the guys gave me a hard time for spending that kind of money. However, when it comes to getting in briers and brush where the game is, they are nowhere to be found. Love that jacket and it was worth the money compared to the cheap hunting crap that is sold today.
Filson makes fantastic clothes and other gear. Massey makes a great tractor, but I think the reason they aren’t more common in the CUT and UT tractor sizes is lack of dealerships. They are scarce compared to Kubota and JD.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #37  
JD tractors are great?? Yanmar made their
tractors for over 20 years and JD is still using
Yanmar diesel engines. I have a Yanmar tractor
not a JD plastic tractor and it cost less and it
works great for me!
Every body has an opinion of what works for them!
Just because its expensive don't mean its quality!
Are GM vehicles cheap?? GM made the top of the
list for problem vehicles unfortunately and it wasn't
too long ago the GM just got another loan for $900
billion dollars that's tax dollars. Top guys in GM sure
made big bucks! One years wages for the CEO of
GM you could have a nice vacation in Hawali, tour
europe, asia and still have money left over

willy

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #38  
use it as the standard, to compare all the other brands, and rank them accordingly.

I agree completely. I think a lot of people are misinterpreting what you are saying as "JD is the greatest!". Rather you are simply saying JD is the benchmark, the pace runner.

I too started my search at a JD dealer, I was hoping to see a 5075E or at least get a quote. After a few months of shopping and comparing, I ended up with something else. But you're right, I made my first comparisons against the JD model.

on a related note, my goodness I'm surprised JD sells as many tractors as they do. The price point for what you are getting is just so high in some cases (mileage may vary for scut, cut, utility, ag). I guess that just tells you the best ability is availability, and JD certainly has a lot of dealerships.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #39  
My philosophy is... They are ALL good until they break and then the bellyaching starts. You very seldom see posts in here about machines or implements that are running fine and issue free... :rolleyes:

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #40  
I wanted a 35-40 hp tractor with a loader back in 2006 and I really wanted a JD but after I added the things I wanted I just couldn't justify the price difference, I bought a Farmtrac that was made by LS in South Korea because it came standard with all the things I wanted and at a much cheaper price, I knew when I purchased it I was on my own and probably wasn't getting top service after the sale, but I lucked out and it has never needed to go back to the shop so a good or lucky purchase for me, but if I was counting on making my living with that tractor I would have bought the Deere for parts and support. As of late I wanted to buy a tracked skid steer I priced Deere but was able to buy a Kubota for about 18k cheaper so I went with the Kubota, hopefully the parts and support will be there, time will tell. I still like my Deere tractor and can make a phone call and usually by the next day at the latest if I need parts they will be dropped off at my barn or stuck in my mailbox and that's worth a lot, so again if i was counting on making my living with this skid steer I probably would have had to go with the Deere.