Comparison The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #11  
I still like this phrase / concept ...

buy once cry once

Term to describe the purchasing of an expensive item, of excellent quality. Implies that the owner will, initially, have reservations or guilt for buying such an expensive item; however, the owner soon realizes they will only have to purchase the item once. Owing to its craftsmanship and durability, the item will have a long lifespan.

it's a better option than repeatedly crying

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #12  

The Bitterness of High Price Is Increased When You Find Out You Bought Poor Quality Or Service.

Bruce

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #13  
I can agree with a certain aspect with this post but I think it stretches to owning or start looking at particular brand.
Now within a particular brand to acquire that which you want is another thing.

My particulars have nothing to do with owning a tractor of a 100 hp or more for farming. It is more of the ubiquitous c.u.t so my search has always been more to do with value for the money I'm spending. When the company mentioned starts using plastic parts and aluminum gear housings to save money for themselves but charges the customer extra for the name, I'll make something else popular for myself.

The other part is when i cannot equate asking price for what i'm looking at because of the insistence of the built in cost inherent to "0" percent financing.
So for me, there is way more to it than simply looking at the "popular brand".

Last edited:
   / The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #14  
21 years ago I went to a JD dealer and asked about a new machine on their lot that I was interested in purchasing. He basically said "There it is" and walked away. So did I. ;)

Does not say a thing about the quality of the machine. But man, that left a lasting bad impression.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #15  
21 years ago I went to a JD dealer and asked about a new machine on their lot that I was interested in purchasing. He basically said "There it is" and walked away. So did I. ;)

Does not say a thing about the quality of the machine. But man, that left a lasting bad impression.

Why can't I ever get salesman like that.

I'm the opposite...I hate when salesman hovers over you and tries and offer up some unique feature for every part of the machine.

I buy my trucks for a guy that hands me the keys and lets me qualify it myself.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #16  
Along with that: if you listen to everybody else and don't pay attention to what your instincts are saying, you will regret it.
Absolutely. That's why seat time is important before financial commitment.

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #17  
   / The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #18  
I still like this phrase / concept ...

buy once cry once

Term to describe the purchasing of an expensive item, of excellent quality. Implies that the owner will, initially, have reservations or guilt for buying such an expensive item; however, the owner soon realizes they will only have to purchase the item once. Owing to its craftsmanship and durability, the item will have a long lifespan.

it's a better option than repeatedly crying
I'm OCD and overthink every purchase. Good side is I can't remember the last time I regretted a purchase. :)

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #19  

The Bitterness of High Price Is Increased When You Find Out You Bought Poor Quality Or Service.

Bruce
snap

/ The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten #20  

I've listened to some pretty snarky Power Trac owners here on TBN. But I never held it against the machine. :rolleyes: