kimber autopistols

/ kimber autopistols #2  
Don't, their QC and metallurgy is spotty at best, get a a Ruger SR1911 or a Springy 1911. Works just as good for less $$. I worked for Kimber for 13 years. I left in 2018.....it took them 12 years before I got to go visit the factory in Yonkers in 2017.

/ kimber autopistols #3  
Need to go back prior to "II" for any type of quality. When they moved to 1911's they started really strong for the price point for a long time, not sure why they went downhill on their QA/QC but would not buy a new one.

/ kimber autopistols #4  
I agree with the earlier comments. Nice, flashy ads, pretty guns, but not 100% reliable. The first Kimber I bought was great, when they first started and ran circles around Colt. The last one, a TLE II, occasionally has feed issues with premium defensive ammo (Ranger T, GDHP, etc.) Kimber's customer service response? "We do not recommend that ammo"

Their warranty is for one year. What response do you get when you call them? "Oh, you have to run at least 500 rounds of ammo through it before we will service it." you spend more money for testing ammo than you paid for the gun. And you have to hurry before the warranty runs out.

OTOH, I believe Springfield has a lifetime warranty.

FWIW, I'd like a Dan Wesson but never found one around here (or anywhere else.) I've had good luck with Sig and S&W and Ruger. Taurus is good when you get a good one but it took me 3 tries before my 605 was reliable.

/ kimber autopistols #5  
I had the Team Match and CDP Custom. Both were fine guns and very reliable. Sold them this year as I am rationalizing calibers and downsizing. Both were older models. Cannot comment about current production.

/ kimber autopistols #6  
If i was spending that much money for a Kimber i would rather go with:

Ed brown firearms

old Colt's

Cant really go wrong with either in my book.

/ kimber autopistols #7  
I have a .45 & 2 9mm. I feed them Blazer ammo & they hardly ever have any problem. I have put 5200 rounds thru the .45 & it's my favorite non concealed carry gun.

/ kimber autopistols #8  
Tell me why I should not get one.….

No need? You can’t eat it. It wont help against a rusky nuke. It will appreciate less than a couple shares of Tesla stock. It is not as good as a Mossberg Nightstick for home defense.

/ kimber autopistols #9  
If you are looking for a 1911 pistol there are dozens of makers out there as good or better for less money, some have been mentioned here . I have a rock island double stack 9mm that is awesome for the money, very reliable accurate and lots of upgrades right out of the box,

/ kimber autopistols #10  
I have a .45 & 2 9mm. I feed them Blazer ammo & they hardly ever have any problem. I have put 5200 rounds thru the .45 & it's my favorite non concealed carry gun.
What years were they manufactured? I’ve had two, one I straight wore out carrying and shooting but the other shot very little. Both are 20+ years old now?

I see them as kind of like a Ruger 10/22 or a Remington 870. Grab a 30-40 year old one and put it next to a new one and you’ll cry even without shooting them.