kimber autopistols

/ kimber autopistols #11  
No need? You can’t eat it. It wont help against a rusky nuke. It will appreciate less than a couple shares of Tesla stock. It is not as good as a Mossberg Nightstick for home defense.
Hard to carry a mossberg IWB.

/ kimber autopistols #13  
I guess it depends what you want. Is this a 1911 we're talking about? If so, it seems the basic 1911 design, when implemented by just about anybody using decent metalurgy and QA, flat out works. A tribute to the design. Tisas (Turkey) has a great rep in entry level 1911s. Armscor (Phillipines) has been making them for decades and they are extremely reliable. And since they are so standardized, you can pretty much put in any aftermarket part you like. My comments pertain to 1911s in 45acp, in either full or commander sizes. Once you start to stray in caliber or form factor, the risk of reliability issues goes up a little. Although I have a Citadel (Armscor) 1911 in 9mm that is as reliable as an old sewing machine.

For brands, I like S&W for their absolute, no b.s., stand-behind-the-product forever attitude. But their 1911s are pricey.

I like Taurus for some of the innovations and low price, but they are notorious for warranty issues and poor service. A 1911 I would be less nervous about, but generally, I avoid used Taurus guns because there is no warranty after the first owner.

/ kimber autopistols
but they are notorious for warranty issues and poor service.
I had an issue with a tarus fullsize combat pistol. The mag wouldn't eject.
I called 'em they said Send it in and they fixed it and sent it back no problem. I like it better than the Baretta it's based on. Better trigger, better feel, better.

/ kimber autopistols #16  
I also have an older Kimber 1911. At that time they only made about 3 models, all 1911’s in 45 acp. Mine is called a Custom Target, which means it has adjustable sights. Mine was very tight new and jammed a lot in the first 100 rounds, it has been better since. I’ve had exactly two semi autos that have never jammed. None of them pistols. Two rifles that have never jammed are a Ruger Mini 14 and a Mossberg AR.

/ kimber autopistols #17  
I have owned 5 or 6. Wife still likes them.
Most are reasonably accurate.
They put more into design and advertising that could go into a better product but my data is a few years old now.

The best one was a compact 1911. Maybe common today but when purchased, a reliable compact was not a guarantee from most mid-level brands anyway (sharp angle of the 3.5" barrel to stroke the slide and eject the brass).

The worst was a full-sized 1911 that on occasion went into full-auto. Usually the last 3 bullets. That sent a few people running from the pits. I sent it back, they fixed it. Zero communication but I never trusted it after that. That is when I decided to sell them all..

BTW, hands down my most accurate favorite 9mm is a sigP210. My pie plate pattern shrunk by 2/3rds at 15 yards.

/ kimber autopistols #18  
I had an issue with a tarus fullsize combat pistol. The mag wouldn't eject.
I called 'em they said Send it in and they fixed it and sent it back no problem. I like it better than the Baretta it's based on. Better trigger, better feel, better.

I'm glad Taurus fixed your pistol, presumably quickly and hopefully at no cost to you. But that would mean you are the original owner and it was during the first year of ownership. If you were the second owner, it would have been costly. If the parts weren't available in the U.S., as frequently happens with Taurus, it can be many months before you see your gun again. The complaints on these types of issues with Taurus are legion. And I say that as someone who generally likes what they make.

S&W fixes their products even if the product is long out of production; I sent in a S&W 2206 for a sheared sight screw; I had bought the gun used about 10 years before the problem occurred. They sent me a prepaid shipping label, and the gun was back in my hands, repaired, within two weeks. Despite the fact the model had been out of production for more than 25 years.

If I had called Taurus about a 25 year old gun of theirs, bought used, and then in need of repair, they would have said, "we wish you good luck." And that's okay. Different business model. Just saying there is a difference in service quality between the brands.

/ kimber autopistols #19  
Tell me why I should not get one.
They are the it gun for a lot of the cool kids but I'm unsure.
I'm a Dan Wesson, Sig, and Tarus, fan
I compared the small cc Kimbers and SigSauers. I went with the Sig because I’ve heard of some quality and jamming issues with the Kimber, but not the Sig. I’m happy with my choice.

/ kimber autopistols #20  
I have owned 5 or 6. Wife still likes them.
Most are reasonably accurate.
They put more into design and advertising that could go into a better product but my data is a few years old now.

The best one was a compact 1911. Maybe common today but when purchased, a reliable compact was not a guarantee from most mid-level brands anyway (sharp angle of the 3.5" barrel to stroke the slide and eject the brass).

The worst was a full-sized 1911 that on occasion went into full-auto. Usually the last 3 bullets. That sent a few people running from the pits. I sent it back, they fixed it. Zero communication but I never trusted it after that. That is when I decided to sell them all..

BTW, hands down my most accurate favorite 9mm is a sigP210. My pie plate pattern shrunk by 2/3rds at 15 yards.
For a small cc 9mm, I love my Sig p-938.