Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,511  
Harley Davidson had to pay a huge fine a few years ago for selling and installing loud aftermarket pipes, Harley dealers are no longer able to sell loud pipes and they also are not allowed to do any warranty work on a Harley motorcycle with loud pipes
That doesn't seem to have affected the number of obnoxiously loud HDs in my area. You can't sit on the front stoop in the summer and not hear one blasting along somewhere in the distance.
The cops will ticket a trucker that uses his Jake Brake in the city, but Harleys seem to get a pass on the noise ordinance laws.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,512  
That doesn't seem to have affected the number of obnoxiously loud HDs in my area. You can't sit on the front stoop in the summer and not hear one blasting along somewhere in the distance.
The cops will ticket a trucker that uses his Jake Brake in the city, but Harleys seem to get a pass on the noise ordinance laws.
Very true I just don’t know how they keep getting away with it ! One excuse I keep hearing is the cops don’t have decibel meters.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,513  
1655194385122.png

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,514  
I'm not arguing with you because my Road King has stock slip-ons and I feel loud bikes are annoying as well, but let's crack down on all loud noises. We hear the same loud motorcycles and trucks when sitting on my partner's front stoop in town. But even worse are the mowers and leaf blowers all her neighbors operate, and their noise doesn't just pass by, each neighbor continues for an hour or longer. Then there are the Life-flight helicopters that pass overhead to and from a hospital that's within a couple miles away that literally rattle the windows! They fly on and off 24/7 but are especially active on Summer weekends. And yes the cowboys using their engine brakes on 25-35mph streets IN TOWN.
And don't get me started light pollution from lights left on all night!

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,515  
I'm not arguing with you because my Road King has stock slip-ons and I feel loud bikes are annoying as well, but let's crack down on all loud noises. We hear the same loud motorcycles and trucks when sitting on my partner's front stoop in town. But even worse are the mowers and leaf blowers all her neighbors operate, and their noise doesn't just pass by, each neighbor continues for an hour or longer. Then there are the Life-flight helicopters that pass overhead to and from a hospital that's within a couple miles away that literally rattle the windows! They fly on and off 24/7 but are especially active on Summer weekends. And yes the cowboys using their engine brakes on 25-35mph streets IN TOWN.
And don't get me started light pollution from lights left on all night!
You forgot about the yappy murderous chihuahuas...

BTW, Yamaha won 1st and 2nd in the big boys class in American Flattracker last weekend.

#95 J.D. Beach won, couldn't happen to a nicer person.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,516  
I got my first bike when I was 18. A Honda CB750. In later years, I had a Honda Interstate Goldwing. I've maintained the MC endorsement on my drivers license(s) (just in case) but I only have a mini bike now to pick up the mail down front and patrol the property. I'm 71 now but still miss the road.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,517  
Just thought I would ask.
I used to ride a Triumph Tiger Donorcycle.
I almost became a donor. I was hit( at the scene of another accident) by a speeding intoxicated Sheriff's deputy in his own car with no siren or lights.
My bike was spinning in the air above me as I spun in the air below it.
When I got my helmet off I headed in a fury to the intoxicated deputy intending to kill him with the helmet. Another rider tackled me. I suppose it was for the best.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,518  
Very true I just don’t know how they keep getting away with it ! One excuse I keep hearing is the cops don’t have decibel meters.
A friend that was on the county sheriff's department said most of the officers think they sound good and don't want to piss off a group that does do some events yhat benefit local causes.
I don't see how that should give them a pass on violating noise ordinances.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,519  
Well, I just won the bidding on ebay for a 2002 BMW R1150R with 15000 miles. For those of you who are not BMW savvy, this model uses the well-known boxer engine with cylinders sticking out the side. The boxer engine of the era in question is known as the "Oilhead", one of BMWs most reliable engines ever. One fellow has over one half million miles on his boxer powered GS and it has the OE rotating assembly. My latest will be picked up in NC and ridden home to Alabama and will be the stablemate for my 2001 R1150GS. Now, where should I ride next? That new BMW needs some miles, about 1500 of 'em.
My brother is bringing my 2 R80 s for me to fix within the next couple of weeks since the only projects I have on my drive is rebuilding the outdrive of a giant
motor boat I'm waiting on the "correct" parts and my own projects (ongoing boat fixes, reconditioning gear boxes, and my slow restoration of my payloader).

Anyway, back when I had a 1992 K100RS that was all Luftmeistered out, I got real good at replacing clutches and driveshafts since I abused that beemer.

BMW-Back-Together.jpg
P8270080.JPG

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,520  
Just completed a fly and ride for an Ebay 2002 BMW R1150R in Wilmington, NC. The seller is an engineer, did all his own work, 15,000 miles, runs like new, rode back to Alabama. It's a ball. Got into a duel with a girl on a Suzuki dualsport near Florence, SC. She was filtering through traffic, so I tucked in behind her. We saw 100 MPH a couple of times. That BMW is a rocket. The sweet spot is about 4100RPM or 91MPH. At 100MPH it's not even breathing hard. Don't ask me what I paid but is was south of $3000.00.