Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,471  
Do any of you use a electric jug (kettle) to boil water for your morning cuppa or do you boil water on the stove in a pot?
We have used electric jugs all our lives but it seems that 110 volts is an inefficient way of boiling water in America. Apparently some boil / heat their cup in a microwave.
I was a bit surprised by the article.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,472  
Maybe they should Mock the NYT instead.

But does it really matter if the heating coil is in the bottom of the pot instead of under it?

/ Good morning!!!! #152,473  
Started raining here on Thursday night and hasn't stopped yet. (Sat mng) averaging about 2mm per hour so very light but up to 4mm at times. Big dog loves it but little ones hate it. No flying this weekend sadly. Family arrived late Friday to stay a couple of nights. Lesley had echo cardiogram on Friday and has an apptment with cardiologist Monday arvo. Little else happening in my neck of the woods.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,474  
Good morning! 74˚F heading to the mid 90s or so they say. Yesterday was hotter than predicted topping out out 100˚ for the last day of June.

Yesterday was my water day and I watered at 1AM and 11PM, and washed my dusty truck after 7pm, not in the true sprit of once a week watering but within the legal rules to keep from getting fined and hopefully will not have to replace the sod this summer. The water from washing the truck evaporated on the driveway and never made it to the street, and the driveway is only two car lengths.
Only a 10% chance of rain the next 10 days which means it will evaporate before it hits the ground.

Since the alignment was OK I'm hoping it was the tire as Bird pointed out. The new Michelin Tires are guarantied for 70K miles and I will be rotating them every 6K miles.

Might just go see a movie mid day, only $5 for seniors before 6pm.

Fireworks are illegal in our town but not the county. They should be this year because of all the very flammable dried vegetation.

Any fireworks restriction where you live?
The Michelins may be guaranteed for 70,000 miles but that doesn't mean that they will do that mileage. Really, it is just the casings guaranteed not to fail before then. I bought a set of tires guaranteed for 70K once and they were the worst wearing tires I have ever had. I got about 20,000 klm out of them on my Honda. Bridgestones or Michelin lasted over 50,000 klm.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,476  
70°F and .30 inches rain.

Interesting visit to my ophthalmologist yesterday. Significant improvement with eye chart. <snip>
Same with me. After about 3 weeks recovery I can now read fine print with my repaired eye that I can't read with the other eye. Didn't expect that.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,477  
Educational chat with very nice lady at the place I called about repairing my patio door. Yes, they would fix if they had right size glass. Nope, they didn’t. Also no local ability to cut and temper glass. She did offer they could replace with acrylic panel. As she already had dimensions I asked for a price. Over $500. She told me it was very common to just buy a new door as it can be more economical. As I recall, my complete door was less than $400, but that was in 2006. Hone Depot doesn’t seem to sell same door any more.

I already knew I could get 4x8 lexan (uv protected) for $235. I think my labor is likely less than $300.

Went to HD and brought home a sheet. Tomorrow.
Dave, they make a special circular sawblade for a table saw for cutting polycarbonate. They work great. I have had trouble getting good cuts because the plastic would melt in front of the blade and mess up my projects.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,478  
"But does it really matter if the heating coil is in the bottom of the pot instead of under it?"

I thought I read that the new rage is cold brewed. :LOL:

/ Good morning!!!! #152,479  
Good early (Saturday) arvo. Another 'frosty' morning with a dawn low of -2C. Clear sky and calm and the high might make 12C.

Case of wine collected from the PO yesterday. Honestly, what with the cost of petrol, I've been mostly a homebody and there's nothing pressing/urgent going on around "Wagtail Park".

Take care Alien, the Bureau of Many-guesses says you're going to cop a lot of rain... not as much as NSW, but significant nonetheless.

Take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,480  
Induction cook top really fast almost like gas