Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,491  
Do any of you use a electric jug (kettle) to boil water for your morning cuppa or do you boil water on the stove in a pot?
We have used electric jugs all our lives but it seems that 110 volts is an inefficient way of boiling water in America. Apparently some boil / heat their cup in a microwave.
I was a bit surprised by the article.
Gosh, there is so much more to mock us over than this. :ROFLMAO:

/ Good morning!!!! #152,492  
consumers are reporting 11 percent more initial quality problems than the prior year’s new models.
Expected or not, according to JD Power, these initial problems reach a surprising 36-year high

If you have a new car on order, this is a concern.
with increasing complexity in safety and infotainment systems, just a lot more systems to have problems with.
And when your radar gizmo breaks, and the part is backordered with no known eta, then you wish you had that old
Buick Lesabre with the 3800 V6 that would run forever.

It had a radio, not infotainment. And a Garmin gps on the dash. It needed brakes and shock absorbers and a muffler after a long while.
They didn't seem to be recalled so much either. Older Buick Regals also held up well.
And now Buick is rated the highest quality aka least reported problems new car.

But if you had to bet on Toyota or Buick....lot of Rav 4's around. Buick was importing Chinese compact SUV's.
I wonder how that will work out long term.

When Buick rebadged the Euro Opels, all of a sudden interesting cars were coming out again. They didn't sell well though.
Nice looking station wagons, or long roofs as they say in Europe.

I think folks wanted rolling couches with three way massage.
When GM gave up on Saturn, that to me was a real loss to the market place.
I don't see many Saturns out on the road any more. Maybe the little sports car once in a while.
Always wonder how those plastic door panels held up.

when I saw a "live" Google Earth map flow by on the dash of my Audi, my reaction was both very cool and boy do I not want to own this out of warranty.
The tech was pretty amazing, Audi's best at the time.
I bet the infotainment system is why Volvo ranks poorly on new car problems.
Great stereo system, Bowers and Wilkins, but hard to use. Same infotainment screen in all current Volvos, small to large. No hard buttons.
I don't like it at all. At least the one knob they do give is the volume knob.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,493  
Good morning, the temperature is forecast to be sunny and warmish. Only 55°F right now. Wind SW 7 mph. After it warms up a bit, I will cut the grass.

I've got the long weekend off (Victoria Day, July 1), I go back to work tomorrow.
The other guy that is hauling with me got himself a moose, a year maybe two year old calf.
Did about 2-3,000 dollars worth of damage to the tractor AND the trailers all down the left side of the rig. He called the cops and was worried they would charge him with poaching. He was lucky the cop charged the moose with being incredibly stupid. :ROFLMAO:

/ Good morning!!!! #152,494  
72 and some clouds...going to 90...hit 94 yesterday.

Happy Anniversary, NH! 42 years is great.

BEF, you're up early...but nice to read your humor this morning. Glad your dad got a new mower.

Sodamo, glad your eyes are better. You have beautiful views to look at...most probably like looking at the blue of the Pacific, but I enjoy the mountain pix, especially when snow covered.

Our middle son and wife can't come to visit this weekend as planned, due to gators...so we're heading up to PopG's to sample some of that smoker production. Actually, our oldest son and wife and my wife's mom are coming...so I guess I'll have grill duty.

We ordered one of those beds in a box a few weeks ago from Costco. Firm, but sleeps well. Folded our old one using rachet straps, and stored it until yesterday. It's very heavy...a king, at least 12 inches of dense foam. Had to use a dolly to roll it out onto the porch, and then the FEL to pick it up and place it into the truck bed. Was dreading unloading it at the county dumpster...but the guy working there gave me a hand. The new bed is firmer but so much lighter. Glad to have that done. Saw the new bed on sale for this weekend, so filled out Costco's online form to claim the discount...$300...nice policy they have, and easy to execute.

Then gave my coffee roaster a thorough cleaning, and roasted a couple of batches. Then mowed for a couple of hours until the dew fell...found a patch of blackberries that are ready for picking...seems like Independence Day weekend is always the time.

Thomas and Buppies, we've rejoined you in the bear club...had our first one of the season this week...and got a bonus last evening, got to see a mom and two spotted fawns.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,495  
Nice to hear from you L4N moose can do a lot of damage

71 high of 90 today storms maybe maybe not ground is powder one foot down

Happy Anniversary NHBX and many more

Wifes bruises getting smaller still hard for her to get around

Prayers for Toppop Eric Helgobals all others in need silent or spoken the USA

/ Good morning!!!! #152,496  
Lots and lots of bears this year wngsprd. Nice deal on the bed

/ Good morning!!!! #152,497  
Gosh, there is so much more to mock us over than this. :ROFLMAO:
Yes like people who buy (not sell) Carbon Credits. I was wondering where those carbon credits end up, now I know. Quote below from a really nice 10 day cruise organizer.

"Of course I have great concerns about the carbon footprint this vacation will generate. . . . to help offset my carbon generation, I will be purchasing carbon offset credits for both my flights and sea travel. Such credits are available through CoolEffect and Gold Standard."

/ Good morning!!!! #152,498  
pay to clear your conscience, that's been going on for a long time Don.
Instead why have a bad conscience?

At the lower end of this county sits the Grows Landfill, wonderfully named. It towers over the Delaware River which is its neighbor.
There is a small section of that landfill reserved for all the crap I've thrown out over most of my life. I'm not proud of it. And now I'm back to adding to it.
I used to look up at that landfill on my boat heading up the Delaware to Trenton, as far North as you could go, and the landfill loomed large.
How high can they go? Why aren't we doing something better than dumping it?
Speaking of carbon, how about burning it?

carbon offset credits. What a game

/ Good morning!!!! #152,499  
Bill, nice to hear from you. Drive safely. Bet you hit some really big bugs up there...and hopefully that's all

Ken, have fun wherever you are now.

have decided to chill today and do some house cleaning. Warm and muggy out anyway. After being outside for two days in heat, happy to suck up some a/c.

need to plan a day to haul trailer up to Popgadget's house with the mower on it. He doesn't drink so I can't bring beer, and apples are out of season.
Perhaps more blueberry muffins.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #152,500  
2022-07-02, 0808

67° and raining right now....high in the low 80's. Earlier, the rain was hard enough it woke me up...I initially thought it was a windstorm.
No outside chores...too wet. Not enough trash to justify a dump run either.
I do need to clean our gas grill...I can do that in the garage with the door open

Audit went pretty good until the end. We're one of four sites sharing an AS 9100 certification. One of the sites in CT got a major finding due to screwing up the audit schedule. Frankly, a BS finding since the timing for internal schedules is not a requirement. We did get an expected minor since I was working remotely (you all know about that). Long story short, our minor got wrapped into the CT major. I think I'll be contesting that...