Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,561  
Here is the lubrication schedule. They make it pretty clear.
5F6E9181-99DB-4292-8B01-F28D6DBF0A64.jpeg

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,562  
Looking for the Lower pulley on a Mott Flail …. Any ideas where to look ? Interweb search comes up with nothing essentially on the diagrams I see it shows item 24 which is part number 106165 for the drive cutter pulley. Thanks in advance.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,563  
View attachment 753641
No wonder it failed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roller bearings are ment to be filled completely with grease; oil lubricated bearings are
splash with the recommended oil for lubrication.

Whoever wrote that was terribly mistaken/miss-informed about greased high speed roller bearings and its cost you a flail mower.

I would start with a simple letter asking for a complete refund of your purchase and sending pictures as well.

If that does not work contacting the attorney general of the state this company does business in is the next step by detailing
what you have here, sending pictures etc., and then having the bearing failure which has cost you a flail mower and that you are seeking a full refund as the flail mower failed because of thier poorly written manual which you used to maintain it.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,564  
Looking for the Lower pulley on a Mott Flail …. Any ideas where to look ? Interweb search comes up with nothing essentially on the diagrams I see it shows item 24 which is part number 106165 for the drive cutter pulley. Thanks in advance.

Contact Messicks and explain that you need a "driven pulley" for your model mott flail mower.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,565  
View attachment 753641
I agree with Leonz tell them their manual is incorrect and you are due a refund or full replacement. On the new one, grease it a couple pumps every 10 hours or so. Also try and keep the grass pulled off the shaft where it wraps around the ends. That can cut seals and shorten bearing life as well.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,566  
Contact Messicks and explain that you need a "driven pulley" for your model mott flail mower.
Ok, that was my initial plan. I need to order some belts from them anyhow. I looked at their site and saw no “cart” option. I also like flailmaster and will come tact them as well. I was just curious if anyone had another good spot. Thank you…

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,567  
Montage Enterprises in NJ is also an excellent source for Mott parts.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,568  
I agree with Leonz tell them their manual is incorrect and you are due a refund or full replacement. On the new one, grease it a couple pumps every 10 hours or so. Also try and keep the grass pulled off the shaft where it wraps around the ends. That can cut seals and shorten bearing life as well.
Currently I am being offered full new bearing assemblies, a new axle weldment and a new set of hammers. I appreciate the fast response. but... the idea of needing to rebuild the whole thing that I have nothing but trouble with isn't super exciting. I am contemplating my next steps.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,569  
Currently I am being offered full new bearing assemblies, a new axle weldment and a new set of hammers. I appreciate the fast response. but... the idea of needing to rebuild the whole thing that I have nothing but trouble with isn't super exciting. I am contemplating my next steps.
I wouldn't touch their offer with a 10 foot pole. Their lube schedule is insane, as evidenced by the carnage you've got. Get your money back, and find something reputable to buy.