Small Apiary Barn Build

/ Small Apiary Barn Build
Wait, what are all those big barns that share a driveway lane over from your new build site? Not available for your use?
That’s the neighbors goat farm. We do share a common driveway, as I let them use that drive to my property to pull livestock trailers through.

/ Small Apiary Barn Build #32  
True, and I will admit that now that the walls are up, it seems much more spacious than the pad we had excavated. The Graber crew has been great to work with on the site, and they instill confidence in me. Sometimes communication with the office is lacking, but this crew has been very attentive.
Thats really great to hear. Hope you have a nice cash tip ready for the main crew guys before they wrap up. :)

40 yards of concrete done.

Attachments

• 529E55AA-F227-4142-9FF3-8BCBB62738CE.jpeg
    529E55AA-F227-4142-9FF3-8BCBB62738CE.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 101
  • AB6DE94F-0221-4B6D-BB9B-F4A6F34FC5F3.jpeg
    AB6DE94F-0221-4B6D-BB9B-F4A6F34FC5F3.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 108
   / Small Apiary Barn Build #34  
Wicked! So, 5-6" thick? Solid. Looks like the inside pour could use a couple more helicopter passes, hope you don't mind those lines. :p
Any plans for further concrete finishing (sealant, epoxy, etc) ?
Make sure they cut those control joints today!

/ Small Apiary Barn Build #35  
Concrete changed everything!!! That sure looks nice. I'm going to pour 25 yards in the next week or two. I'm curious what it goes for per yard in your part of the country. I was told $185 a yard here, but that was a month ago.

Control joints cut today. The floor will remain as is. No plans to seal or epoxy. This coming week the weather looks BEAUTIFUL to finish the exterior.

Electricians are bidding on work, first quote was $6400. 24 interior outlets, a few switches and three exterior light boxes.

Apparently finding 200A meter sockets is a challenge. The first electrician said it would be tough to find on Duke Energys approved list.

I searched for hours and finally found one!

He said it’s been three months since he he’s been able to find one for underground service. 😳

Concrete changed everything!!! That sure looks nice. I'm going to pour 25 yards in the next week or two. I'm curious what it goes for per yard in your part of the country. I was told $185 a yard here, but that was a month ago.
That is about what I paid

/ Small Apiary Barn Build #38  
Control joints cut today. The floor will remain as is. No plans to seal or epoxy. This coming week the weather looks BEAUTIFUL to finish the exterior.

Electricians are bidding on work, first quote was $6400. 24 interior outlets, a few switches and three exterior light boxes.

Apparently finding 200A meter sockets is a challenge. The first electrician said it would be tough to find on Duke Energys approved list.

I searched for hours and finally found one!

He said it’s been three months since he he’s been able to find one for underground service. 😳
Looking good, your quote is in line with electrical work we just had done. We had additional electrical work done on our shop after having 8' tall metal sheets placed on the interior walls to protect the insulation. We also had work done in the stables. We have a 30' X 40' main shop with a 12' lean to on both long sides. Inside that is a 14' X 20' stained glass workshop room. In the main shop we had 4 interior LED lights on 2 new circuits installed, 2 LED lights on a new circuit under each lean to, 10 duplex plugs inside the stained glass workshop with 6 on existing circuits and 4 on new circuits, and 9 new duplex plugs on new circuits in the new metal walls in the main shop. In the stables we dropped 4 new plugs below 4 existing plugs in the stables, one at each stall. All of the wiring is in rigid metal conduit, no exposed wiring of any kind allowed. They also replaced a LED nightlight in the stables and repaired a GFCI plug and wiring that fed an outdoor LED floodlight on a pole that had shorted out. Total cost was $7,500.

Last edited:
   / Small Apiary Barn Build #39  
Im starting to think I was born in the wrong century. 6K for 24 receptacles and some odds and ends is, um, outrageous.

Wake up America!

/ Small Apiary Barn Build #40  
Im starting to think I was born in the wrong century. 6K for 24 receptacles and some odds and ends is, um, outrageous.
Kinda my first thought too. Like, a good electrician deserves to be paid well for their time. But this sounds like ~3 days of work to me. $250/hour? c'mon.