Latest grab by auto manufactures

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #181  
It won't be long before some hacker comes up with a plug-in to activate all your features and keep them active.
Remember “Black Sunday” when DirecTV killed all the hacked security cards in their receivers right before Super Bowl Sunday?

It was marvelous!

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #184  
Or:
Use your I phone, if you have one, to get accurate radar forecasts. As a farmer, I believe what I see (radar) over what I hear (some useless blabbermouth on a radio station).
I find the radio weather forecasts to be worthless. Most only tell you the current weather, which is kind of obvious lol

currently its 84 degrees and sunny” WOW! THANKS!

Also, use your I phone for directions. Use “Maps” or another app to accurately give you up to the minute directions with traffic delays, construction, even police radar and stop light cameras.
Take the atlas and use it for kindling.
As a former Boy Scout, I used to poo-poo GPS. I can use a map and compass.

Then after my first use of a GPS, I realize a GPS is just a really good map and compass! It’s all right there. Better maps than are in my book of maps, and, it can suggest a place to eat, where to shop, road congestion ahead, alternate routes….

It’s just a really good tool! (y)

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #185  
   / Latest grab by auto manufactures #187  
As a former Boy Scout, I used to poo-poo GPS. I can use a map and compass.

Then after my first use of a GPS, I realize a GPS is just a really good map and compass! It’s all right there. Better maps than are in my book of maps, and, it can suggest a place to eat, where to shop, road congestion ahead, alternate routes….

It’s just a really good tool! (y)
I agree that GPS is very convenient and useful. One thing I have noticed though, is when I have to "think" about where I am going (looking at a map to see where the general area is and where the major intersections are) I pretty much remember it next time. When I rely on GPS I may go somewhere a half a dozen times but then come to realize that I do not remember exactly how to get there without the GPS. Like so many great technological break-throughs, there is a trade off in that you may lose some ability to do things manually or by your own wits.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #188  
You can buy an aftermarket in-car radio that has all that and more. There's one in my truck that has GPS/maps, backup camera, plays CDs, has AM/FM radio and plays the music stored on my old iPod. It even links to the phone in my pocket if I choose to receive a call. And the truck and radio are about 15-16 years old. I bought the truck used and the radio was already in it. I found the iPod in the glove box. The connector for it was tucked under the dash. Everything still works great, and I don't have to pay for any subscriptions.

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #189  
Just bought a 2022 Chevy Silverado. It has 2 remote start options. One is on the FOB. This is mine for the life of the truck at no additional cost. Works within 200 ft of the truck. The other is remote start using the MyChevrolet app on my phone. This requires a $6 a month OnStar subscription and includes all of the functionality of the MyChevrolet app. I can start my car with the MyChevrolet app from anywhere in the US. Other app features are unlimited wifi data on the truck's hotspot, trailer light testing (every truck should have this), lock / unlock, sound alarm, flash lights, unlock tailgate, vehicle locate / tracking. For me, these features are worth $6.
Thats at least a reasonable amount , I have a new 2022 Ram 1500 and they want $15 a month for just the basic lock, unlock , and remote start , it goes up from there if you want any additional features of the app . I still think when you pay more for your Truck than you did for your first house these options should come with it at no extra charge . I also have a fob that allows me to do these same tasks for free and thats what I plan to use . It would have been nice to have the availability to at least unlock your vehicle from your phone in case you lock your keys inside though . Its almost a safety issue when it comes to that aspect especially for women .

/ Latest grab by auto manufactures #190  
If you live in Minnesota it’s nice to have to warm up the car about 9 months a year.
I went to UMinn and grew up 10 miles from the Minnesota border...we did just fine without. Everyone knows Dakota people are tougher than their Minny neighbors. :)