Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,341  
You are correct Drew that was our first conversations

/ Good morning!!!! #153,343  
Good morning! I may have to go to London and cool off. 107˚ forecast here, 106˚ in London. Neighbors are taking off for London this week, at least they will be accustomed to the heat, no surprises. Triple digits in foreseeable forecast for Texas. Today is the 40th day of triple digits this year and we probably have another 40 as August is our hottest month. The farmers and ranchers are hurting this month.

The corn maze at the adventure farm that I applied for a tractor driver position this fall is not doing well the corn is only 2 feet high and brown and dead. Hard to get lost in but easy to find your way out.

LS the loss of your friend and co-worker is so tragic, prayers.

PLEASE POST YOUR KITTY "TUMMY RUB TUESDAY" PICS FOR MY WIFE. She misses Gray2.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,344  
Good Morning.
It’s 74 and going to top 90 today. Dew point is 68 now, so it’s nor quite as sticky as the last few days. No measurable rain in the forecast.

Yesterday was largely inside, spent the morning with a pile of blueprints doing the heat load calculations for my buddy. After lunch went to BJ’s with my wife. After discovering that they apparently discontinued Coke products, specifically Diet Coke, we decided that we are going to give Costco a try, BJ’s selection seems to be slipping. What are your thoughts about the comparison?

Today will likely start with breakfast with the professor, then I might prep the next load for the smoker. I want to make burgers with chopped onions and seasoning with cheese imbedded in them and topped with a lattice of bacon. Run the smoker at 250 and let them get to an internal temp of 170, probably a couple hours. I’ll have to round up some volunteers to eat them as there’s only the two of us, but that usually isn’t difficult.

I still have some sorting and packing to do getting ready for next Saturday. I’ve got to review and possibly tweak the scenes stored in the mixer, should be one for this exact band and outdoor venue, which makes it much easier.

LS, I’m sorry to hear about your friend, it’s never easy to lose someone close to you, especially unexpectedly. I don’t think that the general public has any idea what risks first responders take every day. EMS helicopter service is probably the most dangerous job in aviation due to a lot of factors, mostly centered around the urgency of the mission.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,345  
Morning all, 75 going to 92, a little rain last night. My coworkers in the UK are melting, > 90 and no AC.

LS - sorry to hear about Matt, hard to hear about Heros passing on so young.

Still in Venice:
Masks, all hand made.
20220701_172118.jpg

The owner of a set of boutique hotels, bought this mansion as a rundown shell and rebuilt it, restoring what he could.
20220702_094253.jpg

The view of the main canal from our room.
20220702_094301.jpg

Gondola tour.
20220702_114753.jpg

The famous book store
20220702_145640.jpg

Breakfast. Too bad I could not eat any of it, though my son's eyes were pretty wide :)
20220703_094636.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #153,347  
now I wonder if I am insulting Popgadget's great welding by not grinding the top weld.
Look how nice he ground the side welds. should I?
Easy to do. Admittedly a bit down on the to do list.
First this hose cart to get hose off my front lawn.

I'm waiting for the fussy lady albeit long time friend across the street
whining when are you going to pick up your hose? That's not like you....
yes dear. I'm on it.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,348  
Sorry to hear of the loss of your buddy LS. Having worked for Emergency Services for 21 years I am fully aware of the comradeship built up over the years.
In fact a group of us, all retired, are having a get together next week for old times sake. Sadly we have lost several amongst us as well. A sad fact of life.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,349  
68°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 95° today. We did "officially" hit 90° here yesterday, so I'm told by a voice on the radio that our sixth heat wave of the year has "officially" started. Triple digits forecast for Friday and Saturday, and no end in sight through next week either. That same voice also noted that the longest heatwave on record here was 37 days in a row at 90° or above back in 1936.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Ted.

I stopped following that HF thread some time ago, Drew. It got kind of surly for far too long. No patience for that stuff.

Good morning, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,350  
GM all,

Ted sorry, condolences.

Hope all are on the mends, or towards better health.

Unlike most of the country, we have been in an ample rain/humidity cycle. The grass is lush, thick and I barely am keeping up with it. Matter of fact, got chased in yesterday, front is 1/2 cut.

It's at least three shirts a day here.

Prayers for all, positive thoughts and vibes for the GM crew.