Can all tractors flip over easy?

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #41  
Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind... 😆

/ Can all tractors flip over easy?
Subcompact tractors weigh 1,400 to 1,700 pounds. Subcompact tractors are fine for mowing grass and moving light loads around a smooth property in the FEL bucket. You can plow an established garden plot with a subcompact tractor, though most with a choice would prepare a garden with a PTO powered rototiller. Few employ subcompact weight tractors on more than two (2) smooth acres, three smooth acres tops.

As soon as a plow on a (light) subcompact tractor encounters any but the smallest underground root or other obstruction, including hard ground, the tractor will lose traction and stop.

When plowing dirt tractor capability is a factor of 2-WD or 4-WD and tractor weight.

A 4-WD compact tractor with a bare tractor weight of at least 2,700 pounds, such as the Kubota L3901 in the second video, will pull a single bottom turning plow through almost any moist soil, including sod which has been first mowed VERY SHORT or previously killed with Roundup/Glycophosphate. Plow will cut tree roots up to 1" if not too concentrated.

Compact tractors under 3,000 pounds bare weight operate in landscape, kitchen/commercial garden or hobby farm applications on one to ten flat acres.

BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR

I think I might not need a tractor then. I've been looking at the BCS walk-behind, but tractors seemed like they could do any kind of plowing. I was wrong.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #43  
No convincing because your drawings don't align with reality. I have not clue how many agree, but that doesn't matter; what matters is the physics of the situation, some drawing.

Here's what it really acts like:
View attachment 755757

Your drawing is right to some degree but you’re ignoring the fact that the front axel has stops.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #45  
No convincing because your drawings don't align with reality. I have not clue how many agree, but that doesn't matter; what matters is the physics of the situation, some drawing.

Here's what it really acts like:
View attachment 755757
What are you talking about?

Drive the tractor across a hill and the CG moves towards the downhill side. It does not stay in a straight line.

Drive the tractor up hill and the CG moves back.

Drive the tractor down hill and the CG moves forward.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #46  
Your drawing is right to some degree but you’re ignoring the fact that the front axel has stops.
And that the tractor’s CG moves as it yaws, rolls, or pitches, especially when it is in motion due to centrifugal force.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #47  
For purposes of this discussion, I will define flipping, as the front and back of the tractor exchanging places. Rolling means that you have tipped to the side and spun all the way around.

With the FEL attached, I have never experienced any thing close to flipping. An over loaded FEL will lift the rear wheels, occasionally on braking, but a lowered bucket just stops that, as the bucket hits the ground if its a rear over the front flip. Never even got close to a front lift over the rear flip. I don't think this is possible with the Ford 1220 CUT with the FEL.

Rolling is a whole other issue. Never had the tractor on its side, but Oh!, have I come close to that. And with my tractor its something I ALWAYS have to be aware of even it it looks like only a 5% grade since we have both exposed rocks and old tree stump holes mixed together. So I go real slow if on or turning on a grade of any sort.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #48  
Jeepers fellas, 4 points of ground contact on a rectangle are more stable than 3 points of ground contact on a triangle when you start getting on slopes. This is basic stuff.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #49  
Depends on land your using for and how much seat time under your belt.

/ Can all tractors flip over easy? #50  
Think about this….

If you put a 4 legged stool on an uneven floor, it rocks.
If you out a 3 legged stool on an uneven floor, it never rocks.
Why? Because the 3 legged stool tips over to find level easier than the 4 legged stool.

Again, this is simple stuff.