Storage in tube in loader

/ Storage in tube in loader #1  

Stonewall Cardinal

Tractor
John Deere 5055E
Has anyone rigged up a way to store stuff in the empty cylinder in the joint of your loader? I've seen the idea on Youtube but need details on how to cover the ends. Seems like a great place to keep a chain and other things.
Thanks.

/ Storage in tube in loader #2  
Has anyone rigged up a way to store stuff in the empty cylinder in the joint of your loader? I've seen the idea on Youtube but need details on how to cover the ends. Seems like a great place to keep a chain and other things.
Thanks.
Measure the inside diameter and go to the hardware and pickup expandable rubber pipe plugs. My loader has the parking prop stored there.

/ Storage in tube in loader #3  
almost any sized tractor could likely hold a prybar or two in there. that could be useful. would make a lot of noise though, so a thin foam sleeve might be good also.

/ Storage in tube in loader #5  
Most can also be used as compressed air tanks...just drill and tap for a shrader valve...check for leaks overall...

I've never remotely considered this, that's a neat idea.

/ Storage in tube in loader #6  
They work to hold long handled tools like shovels and rakes too.

/ Storage in tube in loader #9  
Someone posted pics that were interesting. The guy took a piece of PVC pipe that fit inside the tube. Then he plugged both ends of the PVC (think he cut wood plugs and glued/screwed then in) Then he cut a section out of the pipe to make it into a C cross section instead of an O. Picture the PVC having an opening from 10:00 to 2:00. That turned it into a pull-out drawer so he could put anything in the drawer and have easy access. I can't recall what he used to keep the PVC from inching out of the tube, but it wouldn't be too tough.

I used the tube for shovel storage and managed to snap the handle off when I got closer than I thought I would to something that didn't push out of the way. And I was SO sure I wasn't that inept:)

/ Storage in tube in loader #10  
Kubota uses them for KSR (Kubota Shockless Ride) soft ride loader accumulators.