Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #51  
Thank You Citydude.
That is the kind of info i need. I would prefer to give the local guys the business but things could have gone better yesterday when I jumped on my motorcycle and drove 30 miles to look at the smaller Erskine to check out the build quality.
No one available to point me to the blower they said was still in stock 2 days prior.

It is haying season and most tractor shops are busy, but they were definitely understaffed, another customer about left he got so ticked off and literally said these guys don't care about customer service in front of 3 employees and they didn't even look up from what they were doing for about 5 minutes while we stood there.
Eventually was able to talk with two employees but they had no idea of their stock...They told me to and I did just walk their lot "twice" looking for the in stock blower, Never found it.
On the round puck shoes, thought the same thing when looking at them in the product description, had a Western plow that had that style and eventually built my own longer shoes to replace them with because of the same problem you mentioned.

I was able to get more definitive info on my tractor running an 84 inch in the past, I did some blowing with it way back, but my nephew did a "whole lot" and he thinks I should get the larger unit. The 84" Farm King/Bueller it had was a 24 inch impellor and 15 inch auger but he was able to run much of the time in high reverse gear.

So the L4060 is ~ 34 PTO HP? and the 74" Erskine is very similar to the 78"inch- same Impellor and auger, just 4 inches narrower? or different? The weight you quoted is within a few pounds of the 78"
Reason I ask is I can't find a 74" Erskine in anything but a hydraulic driven one for a skid steer Maybe it is the 78 with just the wings removed/shortened?
Guess I will mull this over some more, if just keeping the one tractor a bigger blower is the way to go, but A Hydro Cabbed tractor would sure be Nice if not this coming winter, the next one and don't want to buy a blower that is to much for a proposed new machine, Plus It needs to be able to use all of the other existing implements as well. Guess that is another reason to get a hydro tractor with infinite speed control a lot of the size/HP can be compensated for by just slowing down.
Sorry for the long winded post.

Well, your correct. I looked up my unit and its the 725RP. 78" cut width. Sorry for the confusion. It's very heavy duty built. 72" wide but with the wings, it cuts 78".

Yes, my tractor is 34hp at the PTO and a hydro.

Like I mentioned before, it's loud. I mean really loud. If I didn't have a cab, I would have to have ear muffs loud. I'm hoping the gearing that is roaring will wear it's self in and get quieter?

The operators manual said to wear hearing protection. I can understand that now.

If the dealer ever finds one, see if they could hook it up on a tractor and listen to it.

I wanted the Provinost but they ( the distribution center told my dealer) said my PTO wasn't sufficient to run one. Smh.....The dealer suggested the Erskine.

Anyway, good luck with your search. The Erskine does the job, is well built for sturdy and the paint on them is very heavy duty paint.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #52  
Well I decided to call Durattach which carries both lines and turns out the Dealer is even more local than the Kubota business. I asked if they had any complaints on the Wifo's they had sold and they said no. After thinking some more decided that I will probably wait for a year or two on looking into a cabbed tractor and that made it easier to decide on a bit larger blower.

I ordered the 84" Wifo UpShot Pull-Type WBPT84 with the hydraulic deflector (comes with hydraulic rotator) turns out they were also out of inventory. So a wait till it is delivered
It will be a quite a while before the snow flies anyway.
I will report back on how this turns out.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #53  
Well, your correct. I looked up my unit and its the 725RP. 78" cut width. Sorry for the confusion. It's very heavy duty built. 72" wide but with the wings, it cuts 78".

Yes, my tractor is 34hp at the PTO and a hydro.

Like I mentioned before, it's loud. I mean really loud. If I didn't have a cab, I would have to have ear muffs loud. I'm hoping the gearing that is roaring will wear it's self in and get quieter?

The operators manual said to wear hearing protection. I can understand that now.

If the dealer ever finds one, see if they could hook it up on a tractor and listen to it.

I wanted the Provinost but they ( the distribution center told my dealer) said my PTO wasn't sufficient to run one. Smh.....The dealer suggested the Erskine.

Anyway, good luck with your search. The Erskine does the job, is well built for sturdy and the paint on them is very heavy duty paint.
I think there may be a way to quiet down the auger drive.

Before I ordered the WIFO did a bit of research on how the mechanicals are set up and the Erskine is very simple and a strong design, but requires a good greasing session every year.

If the factory was skimping on grease during assembly, it could be making the gear drive quite a bit louder than it needs to be.

Maybe you have already done this but there is a cover over the 90 degree gear box and Just need to remove it to flood the gears with grease.
page 13 shows it.

The WIFO uses a T 27D 55hp 90 degree box, but looks like it is a sealed unit that uses gear lube like a brush hog.

snow blower gearbox 40mm T27D

6 one 1/2 dozen the other.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #54  
I think there may be a way to quiet down the auger drive.

Before I ordered the WIFO did a bit of research on how the mechanicals are set up and the Erskine is very simple and a strong design, but requires a good greasing session every year.

If the factory was skimping on grease during assembly, it could be making the gear drive quite a bit louder than it needs to be.

Maybe you have already done this but there is a cover over the 90 degree gear box and Just need to remove it to flood the gears with grease.
page 13 shows it.

The WIFO uses a T 27D 55hp 90 degree box, but looks like it is a sealed unit that uses gear lube like a brush hog.

snow blower gearbox 40mm T27D

6 one 1/2 dozen the other.

I did grease the crap out of it. No change. I thought of plugging the holes in the bottom of the box the gears are in and putting cornhead grease in it.

I have a friend who is pretty sharp with gearing and said he thinks the lash is to tight. This fall, we will see if it could be adjusted before he heads south for the winter.

And congrats on the new blower!

Last edited:
   / Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #55  
Thanks! Excited to use it this winter for sure.

That sounds like a plan on adjusting the gear clearances. Maybe try a little looser and if that doesn't do it a a bit tighter.
I have a posi unit in a Car right now that is noisy but it is definitely to loose.
Have had starters on cars when replaced that were Really noisy until the clearance was increased. The tight ones made an ear splitting high pitched very irritating sound for sure. If that does not work, calling Erskine might have some info/ideas.? I hope the Wifo isn't to loud. My Brushbull Woods bush hog has a pretty noisy 90 degree box in it , so no guaranty it will be quiet on this Wifo.

/ Couple of short Blowing Videos with an Inverted Blower #57  
Thanks! Excited to use it this winter for sure.

That sounds like a plan on adjusting the gear clearances. Maybe try a little looser and if that doesn't do it a a bit tighter.
I have a posi unit in a Car right now that is noisy but it is definitely to loose.
Have had starters on cars when replaced that were Really noisy until the clearance was increased. The tight ones made an ear splitting high pitched very irritating sound for sure. If that does not work, calling Erskine might have some info/ideas.? I hope the Wifo isn't to loud. My Brushbull Woods bush hog has a pretty noisy 90 degree box in it , so no guaranty it will be quiet on this Wifo.

The dealer did call Erskine with a video I took from the cab with the window open while the blower was in operation. He said they weren't concerned. Smh....This is the first Erskine rear pull the dealer had sold so his experience was 0.

Thanks for the information!