Bale spear problem; Quick attach easy with FEL/not with BS.

/ Bale spear problem; Quick attach easy with FEL/not with BS. #1  

DianneInVA

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Kabota L 2501. I can get the FEL bucket on/off with no problem. However, it’s impossible for me to latch the quick attach lever on the bale spear. Last time, I had to get a neighbor… A strong neighbor. Both of us standing and jumping, finally got the lever pushed all the way in until pin engaged. No problem removing the bale spear and reattaching the bucket. It’s frustrating not to be able to do it myself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
   / Bale spear problem; Quick attach easy with FEL/not with BS. #2  
A picture of the FEL latch pin to B/S interfaces when hanging on FEL would help. Suspect something's off (bent) in the B/S geometry such that plates where the latch pins engage are not aligned properly or preventing the whole attachment from rotating fully to where it should be.

/ Bale spear problem; Quick attach easy with FEL/not with BS. #3  
Here I was trying to figure out how BS applied in this context. Thanks for clearing it up. :)

/ Bale spear problem; Quick attach easy with FEL/not with BS.
   / Bale spear problem; Quick attach easy with FEL/not with BS. #5  
That doesn't make sense because the QA levers should have springs. The tapered part of the pins only has to touch the slots about midway. Perhaps yours is out of adjustment. Or, as Curtis says, something is bent on your BS plate.

A picture of the FEL latch pin to B/S interfaces when hanging on FEL would help. Suspect something's off (bent) in the B/S geometry such that plates where the latch pins engage are not aligned properly or preventing the whole attachment from rotating fully to where it should be.
It’s a hard place to get a picture of. The best I could do. Today I got the bale spear on by myself, using a very in elegant solution. I boarded thc
hard place to get a picture. I did my best. I was able to attach by myself today, I had to stand on the left hand lever: I guess my weight gradually pushed it down into the lock position.
7AEEF0F0-18A7-455A-A590-26CF49534BFA.jpeg

Attachments

• 78DFD026-316D-4157-A14C-A1D615FFD31F.jpeg
    78DFD026-316D-4157-A14C-A1D615FFD31F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 223
  • 2233DD33-6625-4804-AE96-4BFC1FF78594.jpeg
    2233DD33-6625-4804-AE96-4BFC1FF78594.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 235
  • B623E383-4CEF-403C-AD7A-D687CC4BD2AB.jpeg
    B623E383-4CEF-403C-AD7A-D687CC4BD2AB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 226
  • B57B4169-29D5-4D22-9560-697F8BBAB0FD.jpeg
    B57B4169-29D5-4D22-9560-697F8BBAB0FD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 197
That doesn't make sense because the QA levers should have springs. The tapered part of the pins only has to touch the slots about midway. Perhaps yours is out of adjustment. Or, as Curtis says, something is bent on your BS plate.
It makes sense.bent somewhere that affects the BS and not the bucket. My neighbor is a pretty professional, long-term farmer. I don’t know. I have BS on now and will probably just leave it there till the spring. Eventually I’m going to have to get an expert out here thanks.

/ Bale spear problem; Quick attach easy with FEL/not with BS. #9  
It’s a hard place to get a picture of. The best I could do. Today I got the bale spear on by myself, using a very in elegant solution. I boarded thc

hard place to get a picture. I did my best. I was able to attach by myself today, I had to stand on the left hand lever: I guess my weight gradually pushed it down into the lock position.View attachment 757115
In lower picture 2 (the one with the circle on the pin), the pin assembly dose not look like it is at 90° to the tab that the pin locks into. Perhaps you can determine why the pin assembly is not truly vertical. Some thing is bent.

Last edited:
   / Bale spear problem; Quick attach easy with FEL/not with BS. #10  
Also make sure there is nothing on the BS that would keep it from seating tight up against the QA plate.