Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #11  
I must be really stupid. I don't know what you are saying here.
I mean you used plain English, The grammar is good, and your sentence construction and verb tense all work, but I just don't get what you are saying.
Welcome to the world of social justice online. Apparently you really offended someone whom you have never met (nor ever will). They know everything about you...the stereotypical white male cisgender binary racist and have every right to call you out on anything you type that might offend someone somewhere on the planet. Its the new thing. I still have a hard enough time understanding the fairer sex....the last thing I needed was 72 other genders to contend with.

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #13  
Welcome to the world of social justice online. Apparently you really offended someone whom you have never met (nor ever will). They know everything about you...the stereotypical white male cisgender binary racist and have every right to call you out on anything you type that might offend someone somewhere on the planet. Its the new thing. I still have a hard enough time understanding the fairer sex....the last thing I needed was 72 other genders to contend with.
I have some gay friends, and yes they are just friends. It's a term they use that I find insulting. But maybe your unconscious inner self is revealing.

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #14  
That's most likely something someone put together to make it work. The factory setup has a built it slip clutch as shown in the picture below.

View attachment 763480

Awl right. Thanks for your posting that picture. You may be right. At least now it begins to make more sense.

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #16  
OK. I'll play. Why in the world would someone take the trouble to invent a coupling like that instead of using any of the spline & U-joint couplers that are available as a standard part?
rScotty
The Howard pictured, was invented before those "standard parts" you talk about were invented.

Many years ago, nothing was standard.

SR

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #18  
The Howard pictured, was invented before those "standard parts" you talk about were invented.

Many years ago, nothing was standard.

SR

I think that's true of a lot of things. People forget that there was a time when everything mechanical was made "in house" and very little was mass produced. And probably true of the Howard parts as well. I didn't start working with mechanical design until the late 1960s. So that's as far back as I go with standard parts catalogues.

You make a good point. A book on the history of mechanical design would be an interesting read. Not much has changed in my lifetime in the world of joints, gears, bearings, and couplers. Some materials are different now, but not much change in the way they transmit forces or basic dimensions and geometry.

rScotty

Last edited:
   / Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #19  
I have some gay friends, and yes they are just friends. It's a term they use that I find insulting. But maybe your unconscious inner self is revealing.
So you’re being offended on someone else’s behalf? Got it.

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #20  
It's a male 1.5" Dia by 10-spline the mating part I suppose came from the maker in the 1960s is not a female spline it uses two removable keys and a squishy-nut-&-bolt to compress the connection the yoke is split for the squishy.

But it gets better.
There's a honkin big hex nut on a threaded component on the end of the male spline. The nut is pinned to the threaded member.
View attachment 763445View attachment 763446
That almost looks like a one off someone did because the decided that shaft was never gonna slip off again. How did you get the pin out? I don’t see a hole on the coupler you could push it through from the top.