New to quick hitches

/ New to quick hitches #31  
Don't see much difference between getting out of the cab, attaching the PTO and then closing the levers on the quick hitch or getting out of the cab, connecting the PTO and dropping the top link to insert a pin. I only use one 3pt implement so the top link is adjusted to the correct length from previous use. I think the time saved connecting the PTO with open access pretty well compensates the difference between lowering levers and sticking a pin through the top link. Maybe after I get it installed I'll have a different view but at least I won't be scratched and bruised. Time will tell.

/ New to quick hitches #32  
Pat's at 70 for me. Old age is a state of mind. You don't magically lose your ability at a certain age unless you bought every convenience and you're sitting on your arse getting soft and flabby :LOL::p;)

/ New to quick hitches #33  
I'm over 70 and I have no use for a quick hitch,
they get in the way trying to get PTO shafts connected.
Lifting a heavy PTO shaft and getting it into position to slid on I don't need a big chunk of 4x4 steel on both sides and above my head.

/ New to quick hitches #34  
I'm over 70 and I have no use for a quick hitch,
they get in the way trying to get PTO shafts connected.
Lifting a heavy PTO shaft and getting it into position to slid on I don't need a big chunk of 4x4 steel on both sides and above my head.
One more reason to go with the Pat's easy connect vs a a big square box of steel.

/ New to quick hitches
Good points regarding PTO hook up.
I’ll admit that I let mine get dry and/or gritty at times and extra wrestling effort is required to slide on or off, so a QH would be another layer to deal with.

/ New to quick hitches #36  
I went with Carter's hitch:

Does not require lengthening PTO or reducing 3PH capacity.

I have a mix of old and new 3PH stuff and cannot weld so a QH would not work. Plus hooking up the blower PTO is already hard enough without more crap in the way.

/ New to quick hitches #37  
It's actually easy to rig a PTO shaft with a QH
Use a bungee cord to support most of the weight and extend as required.
I'm 72 and not in great shape. But this is what I do for my chipper, flail mower and snow blower.

I had Pat's system several years ago...no complaints with the Pat's system, but a QH is easier

/ New to quick hitches #38  
I use the Pat’s cat2 to cat1 quick hitch on the M59. The 6’ tiller pto shaft was a little short even though I got the garden tilled. Choose to install a 75hp overriding clutch for the extra length for next year. Don’t know about the tiller yet but sure made hooking up the bushhog much easier.

/ New to quick hitches #39  
Do yourself a favor go with pats easy change system from the start.Lot less headaches.Remember with any quick change system it requires more length of your pto shift so make sure your implements have a long enough shift to begin with.Ive had Pat's easy change on my tractor for over 12 years I love it

/ New to quick hitches #40  
I'll suggest the Euro lower hooks. Those just work awesome, doesn't extend any further, no frame in the way, no need to modify implements, doesn't put things on a bind like the Pats do. It simply works and works great.

This thread has a lot of good info on these along with sources on where to get them: Upgrade Kioti DK6010SE 3-point Hitch

Attachments

• IMG_20210610_153344.jpg
    IMG_20210610_153344.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 307
  • IMG_20210610_153341.jpg
    IMG_20210610_153341.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 305
That's the one thing that's a little annoying about my Pat's QH. Trying to get those things straight is like solving a Rubik's Cube. For geniuses only. Mine are off by a little bit. One more than the other. But they solve the problem of one person implement attachments. IOW, they make it possible for one person to to attach and un-attach their implements more easily.

Yeah, I know some old-hand is gonna tell us how easy it is for him without a QH. Good on him. But for me, I like my Pat's.

That 'Euro' deal is intriguing however. But knowing nothing about the Euro hitch, I'd recommend the Pat's until something comes along that's better