New to quick hitches

/ New to quick hitches #21  
The quick hitch has worked out perfectly for us.

Harbor Freight Quick Hitch ($140):

Replacement top hook for it, YOU NEED THIS. It completely fixes the hookup issue that makes it not work. ($40):

Quick hitch adapter set with top bushings ($25):

Those 3 things will set you up and get your first implement adapted. You can even skip the adapter bushing kits if you don't mind the CAT 1 pins rattling around in the quick hitch a bit. Or as others have said use a piece of old plumbing pipe you may have laying around to make them.

The cost for above is entirely equivalent to a Pat's, so it comes down to preference.

If you get a hydraulic top link, the standard length will work with a Quick Hitch. You may need a slightly longer cylinder if you go Pat's.

So far all our implements recently purchased fit the QH without any changes. We don't even need to change the top hook height for any of them. Standardization seems to have happened.

I think I'd put it this way, if you are regularly running one or more implements where it simply can not be used with a quick hitch at all, then get a Pat's. If you are in the process of buying and building your yard of tools now you can just make sure it's quick hitch compatible when you buy it. Frankly, it's nice when everything just hooks up in seconds. It's just as fast as the skid steer quick attach on the front.

/ New to quick hitches #22  
Have several pieces of old equipment that are not quick hitch compatible. Pat’s is the easy winner. On Kubota CUTS the addition of gear side link and telescoping sway links not only helps connecting implements easy but also adjusting grading equipment much easier.
IMG_0669.JPG

Also find the added length from Pat’s makes connecting the PTO shafts easier.

/ New to quick hitches #23  
Smokey........that geared side link is cool.........Where did you find that?

Cheers,
Mike

/ New to quick hitches #24  
Smokey........that geared side link is cool.........Where did you find that?

Cheers,
Mike

Weaver’s tractor parts.

/ New to quick hitches #26  
I have old and new implements of various widths and heights so I went with a Pats easy connect system. Downside is you have to extend the top link 4 inches to compensate for the Pats extensions.
You will need a day with a welder, drill press, and some 3/8ths plate to make the TL extension up

/ New to quick hitches #27  
I am, and have had no experience with them. But my new tractor has it on the FEL, so I’m considering getting one for the 3 point out back.
I only own or borrow cat 1 stuff, so is there a reason I shouldn’t get a cat 1 rated quickie?

Seems most are cat 2, and this require bushing instillation. Tractor is rated to around 3000# lift, but my implements are all under 1300#.

Also, are they truly all they’re cracked up to be? Do they introduce any noticeable up/ down or side to side slop? I know some slop side to side is ok if not good, but it bugs me. LOL

Lastly, seems there is a gulf in pricing, from under $150 to nearly $400. Very crude chunk of steel, so it’s a bit difficult to appreciate the value. Experiences?

After lots of thought and watching others use theirs, I decided to buy Pat's quick-hitch system. I LOVE it. Love love love it.

Reasons it's better:

- No bushings required for my attachments
- Less cost
- Can handle any brand, age, type of attachment
- The top link is easy peasy, the bottom two links are the pains. Pat's addresses this area.
- Width is adjustable too since it's not one solid unit.

/ New to quick hitches #28  
I have old and new implements of various widths and heights so I went with a Pats easy connect system. Downside is you have to extend the top link 4 inches to compensate for the Pats extensions.
You will need a day with a welder, drill press, and some 3/8ths plate to make the TL extension up
Most tractor or farm and home stores have longer top links , I bought mine at rural king , 25 bucks.

/ New to quick hitches #29  
Last week after navigating around the frame of my quick hitch to attach the PTO of my rotary cutter I decided that at 75 I'm just not as limber as I use to be. Even got a large bruise on my stomach. Last Friday morning I went on line searching for Pat's Quick Hitches and Rural King had the cheapest price at $199 with free shipping. I had a question that the lady at Rural King customer service couldn't answer so I called Pat's directly to ask. The lady answered my question then told me that they had them on sale for $10 off the normal $200 plus free shipping and since they have no physical business presence in Florida there was no sales tax. I went ahead and ordered one while on the phone. If you want it a different color that the standard grey that's a $10 extra cost. Ordered it before noon EST and got an email conformation of the order a few minutes later and then another conformation that afternoon of shipping and a tracking number. Got the hitch yesterday afternoon. Can't wait to install it.

/ New to quick hitches #30  
I purchased the quick hitch its so easy to use
just back up and then you need to get out and
hookup the PTO and put the leavers down and
all set to go. All my equipment fits the quick hitch
As for the harbor freight and amazon quick hitch
many people enjoy using it and its approx $200
With pat's quick attach stuff you have to hook up
the top link as you can't just back up to it like with
the quick hitch but with the quick hitch all three
points are attached less work and faster than Pats
Also for us old guys easier is the way to go with
less work. For you young guys Pat's hitch is great
if you like the extra work attaching the upper link
etc. Pat's stuff for me would be a PITA!!! By the
same token the cab and backhoe is wonderful for
me saved me a lot of back aches and kept me nice
and kool no bugs or dust to contend with!

How many of you guys with Pat's hitch are over 80 yrs??
or over 70 yrs??

willy