Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #42  
It's a male 1.5" Dia by 10-spline the mating part I suppose came from the maker in the 1960s is not a female spline it uses two removable keys and a squishy-nut-&-bolt to compress the connection the yoke is split for the squishy.

But it gets better.
There's a honkin big hex nut on a threaded component on the end of the male spline. The nut is pinned to the threaded member.
View attachment 763445View attachment 763446
You get nowhere insulting folks on your post dude..good luck.

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #43  
For real, humble-bragging about his male 1.5" diameter pto shaft...what about us guys with smaller diameters? Now we all feel inadequate, thanks!

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #44  
It was in the late 60's and early 70's that a neighbor farmer tilled all his fields with an 8' rotovator behind his 1655 Oliver. Stony ground and all. Followed up next by the corn planter.

Came over and tilled up a garden spot. Two passes and more than enough garden for my family. Fluffed up the soil such that I used my Wheel Horse garden tractor to pack two tracks that I planted my seeds in by hand.

Interesting thread. Don't identify with the noses out of joint for "whatever" concocted reason. Life is too short for that. And on a tractor forum, no less.

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #45  
It's really getting bad. You can't use gender pronouns anymore. Can't use the terms husband and wife. Can't even use Mom and Dad--So says the Army now. I'm not into the gender-neutral stuff but I still have words for those that are, want-to-be, was, will be and none of the above. :cautious:

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #46  
Personally, I'm offended the o/p implies girls wouldn't know what that thing is. It smacks of sexism...coming from a rich white man! Also, "you" girls? What's next, "you people"? And how does he know we identify as girls? This misgendering stuff needs to stop!

There, I said my funnies, I'll make my exit n

Edit

Last edited:
   / Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #47  
IMO words still mean something, and I don't care how you want to dress or look* but I draw the line being forced to take part in your religion, whatever it is; modern gender "theory" has everything in common with religion (actually, cults, with their repetitive mantras and thoughtcrimes and shunning of apostates) and biological sex is immutable. That's all I'll say about it here.

*: actually I do care, but it's none of my business so after a second look I'll just completely avoid looking at you

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #48  
We had a bunch of Howard tillers and equipment in the 50-70’s

at least two little 48”E series
a 70” P series
a 100” S series
a 120” M series
a 120”Rotaspike
and a 4 shank Howard Paraplow

most had Select a Tilth gearboxes.

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #49  
We had a bunch of Howard tillers and equipment in the 50-70’s

at least two little 48”E series
a 70” P series
a 100” S series
a 120” M series
a 120”Rotaspike
and a 4 shank Howard Paraplow

most had Select a Tilth gearboxes.
I have three of them right now, they are one tough tiller!

SR

/ Any you girls ever see this type PTO connection #50