Throwing a "hail Mary" question........

/ Throwing a "hail Mary" question........ #1  

electrycmonk

Silver Member
Tractor
Satoh 370 diesel & Cub Cadet 7260 Diesel 4WD standard
I have the Cub Cadet 7260 with the Mitzu 1.3L diesel block
I have read all over the place over the previous 5-6 years that the engine is the same exact block. And as such with all those parts interchangable.....

these all have the 1.3L mitzu block as far as i can tell.

231025 hp2002 - 2006
251625 hp2008 - 2018
252525 hp2008 - 2010
Max 2525 hp2012 - 2014
eMax 25S25 hp2017 -
152626 hp2016 - 2018
Max 26XL26 hp2014 -
162626 hp2018 -
Max 26XLT26 hp2018 -
261526 hp2003 - 2008
C2727 hp2002 - 2006
281028 hp2002 - 2006
281528 hp2006 - 2008
281628 hp2008 - 2010
301628 hp2011 - 2021
Max 28 XL28 hp2012 - 2014

Anyone care to share any data or help out?

I'm looking at troubleshooting a overheated issue that seems to of gotten A LOT Worse....

I will update this later this week. I want to make a short video of the sound it makes when starting and when I can get it to finally start and run....

1st i need to make a you tube user ID so the video can be uploaded.

2nd the symptoms in short. it has had a mild overheating issue that slowly got worse over the years. so now I'm afraid its time to tear into the block and at least replace the headgasket and check stuff. the coolant gets purged from radiator when ever i get it running BUT< there is no coolant in the engine oil. I have not checked to see if there was any contamination in the hydraulic system. Not sure if that is even possible AND I didn't want to a$$ume this was a automatic no-go.

/ Throwing a "hail Mary" question........ #2  
Your most likely problem for mild overheating is a dirty and or clogged radiator. If you overheat very quickly your coolant pump may have failed.

Don't use water to clean the outside of your rad because all that fine dust turns to cement.

I use a vacuum to clean my screens and then compressed air to blow my rads from inside out. If it's really bad drain the coolant, pull the rad and clean it thoroughly on the bench. Put in new coolant.

When was the last time you changed your coolant?

/ Throwing a "hail Mary" question........ #3  
Here’s the service and operation/maintenance manual for the Mitsubishi S3L motor. Should help you identify your motor and possibly troubleshoot and repair.

Attachments

• s3l.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 98
  • SL3 operation and maintenance manual.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 48
   / Throwing a "hail Mary" question........ #4  
Your most likely problem for mild overheating is a dirty and or clogged radiator. If you overheat very quickly your coolant pump may have failed.

Don't use water to clean the outside of your rad because all that fine dust turns to cement.

I use a vacuum to clean my screens and then compressed air to blow my rads from inside out. If it's really bad drain the coolant, pull the rad and clean it thoroughly on the bench. Put in new coolant.

I use higher pressure water to flush my radiation’s out all the time. If done properly, the dust doesn’t turn to cement because all the dust is gone.
Been doing that for 40 years, no cement problems.

/ Throwing a "hail Mary" question........ #5  
Check the water pump also. Take it off and actually look at it. New thermostat. Clean radiator inside and out. I've cleaned lots of junk out of the inside of radiators and the over heat situation was gone.

/ Throwing a "hail Mary" question........

This evening I’ll gladly give you a highly detailed breakdown of all the coolant troubleshooting/cleaning/experimenting/ laser temperature sampling I have diligently done over the last 4+ years.

Here’s the service and operation/maintenance manual for the Mitsubishi S3L motor. Should help you identify your motor and possibly troubleshoot and repair.
Thank you, thank you, thank you… will download and look tonight…

Check the water pump also. Take it off and actually look at it. New thermostat. Clean radiator inside and out. I've cleaned lots of junk out of the inside of radiators and the over heat situation was gone.
See previous 2 reply’s…

/well, back to work…

/ Throwing a "hail Mary" question........ #9  
Coolant is blowing out of the radiator or expansion tank? Is that what you mean by purged? No coolant in the oil is a good thing. If you are getting combustion pressure into the coolant system (forcing the coolant out) I think you are right, I think you have had a head gasket failure. Whether this is the cause or the initial overheating caused it, I don't know.

/ Throwing a "hail Mary" question........ #10  
Going along with crashz many years ago had a vw diesel that was losing coolant and overheating. Turned out to be a blown head gasket pressurizing the coolant system and blowing it out the coolant tank overflow.