Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas?

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #41  
My $36k tractor (Kubota) was delivered with the fuel full,my $7k lawn mower(from a different dealer) was NOT.A friend also purchased the same mower from the same dealer and his had no fuel either.Poor business practices in my book.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #42  
Got a full tank of diesel, but nothing else, unless you count the 8 large stickers advertising the dealership that I had to peal off.
Dealer stickers grrr. I spent 20 minutes yesterday with a hairdryer and WD-40 getting their‘s off. I told a car dealer once to get the sticker and front dealer plate off the new car or knock off $500.

Last edited:
   / Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #43  
Should it be full of fuel? I would say at least 3/4 full is sufficient but full is a nice sales perk. I still get hats and shirts from dealers...even ones I haven't bought from. :LOL: I even get them from my friends that buy tractors so I have no shortage of hats!

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #44  
Well this is timely. I just bought my first tractor and it was delivered yesterday with an empty fuel tank (no swag either, but that part doesn't really bother me). I told the dealer I was disappointed it was delivered with no fuel in it. He said in his 20+ years experienced he's never heard of a tractor being delivered with fuel in it. I thought that was BS. Seems I was right. This has definitely impacted my opinion of the dealer.
If you like, post the name of the dealer here, and we can all give him what-for. Then you can print it out and give it to him. It might change his ways! Especially if he then delivers a filling to you by way of making up for it....

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #45  
All I got was the bill, half a tank of fuel, one key and some self promoting decals to remove.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #46  
When I was selling tractors, they ALWAYS had the tank topped off. Also at least 2 keys with fobs and I would ask if they would like a couple of caps too. I would also give the buyer about a half dozen of my cards to pass out. You would be surprised how many people would contact me from giving out those cards. It really does make a difference when you treat your customers RIGHT. It's the LITTLE things.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #47  
I can tell you exactly what happened, because I lived through it many times at the dealership level (although this was on the automotive side).

Everything is humming along fine, until somebody tries to make a name for themselves and creates a big presentation that goes like this:

"I can save this company $37,000 per year. If we sell 12 tractors a week, and it costs $60 to fill them up before delivery, then we are spending $37,000 in fuel on delivered tractors. If we stop delivering with a full tank of fuel then look at all the money we will save!"

This presentation always comes from people who do not work directly with our customers. They fail to realize that the $37,000 buys much more free advertising and good will than anything else they could do.

It really does make a difference when you treat your customers RIGHT. It's the LITTLE things.

Very well said.

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #48  
Question for people that got empty tanks, how the H*** did they get it off the truck?

Isn't putting fuel in it part of the "dealer prep" that I had to pay for?

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #49  
Question for people that got empty tanks, how the H*** did they get it off the truck?

Isn't putting fuel in it part of the "dealer prep" that I had to pay for?
I suspect that "empty" in this case really means "mostly empty".

/ Should a new tractor come with a full tank of gas? #50  
I would personally spend my time making sure that I'm cutting the best deal possible on a 20 or 30 or ? thousands of dollar tractor than a tank of "gas" or a hat, but then that's just me.