Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #157,181  
Good Morning
It’s 38 and going to the middle 60’s under a clear sky.
Yesterday was another good day. Got outside tasks done, tests with son worked out well, we came up with an easy setup that covered the area well, wireless microphones easily had enough range. I’m guessing outdoors, over water is not a challenging environment for them.
Started looking around outside to see what is going to need to be winterized, I think that it would be a good idea to blow out the Eley hose reel amongst other tasks. Ordered a gadget on Amazon that connects a 1/4” air fitting to garden hose with a ball valve to control it. I couldn’t put it together myself for the $10 that it cost.

I’m getting ready to head out to the airport, off to Charleston,WV and Montgomery,AL today. Have to sit in Charleston for 5 or 6 hours, but just a drop off in Montgomery and head home.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #157,182  
paul, if that reel has wheels I'd bring it inside. four or five months less UV on the hose.
short of putting the air blast nozzle in the open end is there a better trick for blowing them out?
I always do the fireman drain routine, up and over shoulders to let gravity do the work
but those big bearings in the Eley would likely do better not getting iced up, expanded,

Though I do like having a fully dry hose ready to go anytime during the winter.
Always want to be able to put out little fires myself. Would mean running to basement to turn back on the shutoff valve but to put out
a kitchen fire, assuming no grease, I'd rather spray water than dry powder, much less mess too. And the garden hose would be my attack line from thirty feet away.
I've had some practice at this...but I don't have protective gear and that's always the issue. Stay low, don't be a hero. I'm well insured...

and I've never set a kitchen or much else on fire either. Burn piles, well, burn piles have their own stories.

/ Good morning!!!! #157,183  
35°
Happy Columbus Day.

I don’t have to winterize the camper, it never got used. I should drain my water hose.

I never seen them painting lines on road at night. When I first saw the flashing lights I thought it was a truck in my driveway. I ran out to porch to see what was going on.

Was supposed to have closed on the land today, but never heard a word from the settlement people.

/ Good morning!!!! #157,185  
That is depressing BEF

/ Good morning!!!! #157,186  
42F and partly cloudy @ 07:15, heading to a high of around 70F for the day with sunny skies supposedly. Low this morning was 42.1F.

Just finished cleaning up an almost full cup of coffee I spilled on the desk while trying to set the cup down in the dark. Fortunately managed to (mostly) miss the rather expensive keyboard ... got just a couple drops on it, and none of it down below the keys.

Reminder to self: turn on the frickin' light when entering room ... :LOL:

Looks like I'm going to have to go make a fresh pot (coffee I was drinking was leftover from yesterday)

Fairly productive day yesterday.

Front axle on Kubota topped off.

Got clay and screener moved, after some additional screening done.

Screener area cleaned up.

Saw horses moved over from the house.

More clean up/organizing done in barn.

Barn emptied out, including the last pallet of steel shelving which was on a broken pallet. Managed to pick it up and get it set on an unbroken pallet.

Only thing left besides the trash that needs hauled up to the road is the two tables and what's on them.

Vapor barrier and geo-tex palletized and moved from under the black locust tree which has the top broken off and was just hanging there, waiting to come down and puncture both.

Noticed a couple days ago that something had started gnawing on that Strawberry Crown squash I was going to take a picture of. Was back there yesterday and it was completely gone ... not a trace left ... :oops:

Which is fairly impressive, since it was probably around 10 lbs and the size of medium pumpkin. Nothing ... nada ...

Woman picked up chow from a new Japanese restaurant on way home yesterday. Got a Shrimp Teriyaki Bowl with Soba noodles and a California roll with tuna, was outstanding (and reasonably priced I thought)

Ten Day Forecast calling for highs only in the mid-40's starting next Monday, something I'm not terribly happy about ... :cry:

Fresh coffee tasting very good ... (y)

Hope everyone has a great Monday ... 🤞

/ Good morning!!!! #157,187  
AB69C77B-F41F-45C1-8087-CEB6A6399AF0.jpeg

The Beast - all ready to go in to the oven last night. Had a lovely thanksgiving dinner last night, with 8 of us gobbling up scads of turkey. 😋😋😋😋😋(Pun intended.)

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canucks! And good morning to all!

Went down below freezing again last night, but just barely. Have renters in the rental property, and the cabins do not have heating other than just little portable heaters that we place around. Hope they did OK last night. They’ve been having a fire in the fireplace every night, and it throws a fair amount of heat. They actually went out and bought a cord of firewood!

Have a great day everyone!👍

/ Good morning!!!! #157,188  
Ordered a gadget on Amazon that connects a 1/4” air fitting to garden hose with a ball valve to control it. I couldn’t put it together myself for the $10 that it cost.

Those look very handy, may have to order up ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #157,189  
Morning all 43 going up to 65 and sunny.
Weathunderground has a glitch which says the temperature range and then says it is 0 degrees out today.

Busy yesterday - got the side lawns mowed.
Then did the aerating on all the lawns.
Then cut up the fallen maple branch and cleaned up
then took the flail off and put the backhoe in, which takes a long time for the scut as bolts removed/replaced, arms disconnected and folded etc. lots of moving things out of the way.

Buppies - time to give the arm a rest before it gets worse. Hope elbow recovers fast for you.

Welcome back wagtail -

Happy Thanksgiving to you northerners!

Happy Columbus day

Branch now just a memory and an addition to the wood pile
20221009_131700.jpg

and the weather for today is ??
Screenshot 2022-10-10 080753.png

/ Good morning!!!! #157,190  
Many of the plastic pallets I've found out here, RS, have been embrittled by the sun and won't take much abuse from a stray pallet fork. But at three bux apiece, they were worth taking a chance.

These seem to be in pretty good shape, may not have spent too much time in the sun.

They also seem to be pretty heavy duty - company that made them lists an "Xtreme Returnable Pallet" among their offerings. They have some heft to them.

I believe that is what these may be.

Good luck on the leaf peeping.

It's a visual feast I try to enjoy every year.