Tractor Recommendation

/ Tractor Recommendation
So, i went back to look for 3 series problems and came up mostly empty. but during my initial research, i found too many people with various serious issues that i wasn't comfortable with. I'm not slagging deere, but that was my take away. I just checked on the 4 series pricing and its a good 20k OVER the LS in a similar size comparison...

airbiscuit - I think my top contender is going to be an LS MT352HC ... dealer gave me a ballpark this weekend for an MT357HC at 40k w/ rimgaurd, delivered... so i'd prob opt for the smaller (detuned) engine and buy an implement w/ the savings.

funny story about the ls dealer... i called in the am, asked if they had a MT3 on the lot, he said 'yes, just got one in last night, it was an MT357 HC', I said perfect, i'll be up to take a look. (dealer is 40min away) I pull into the lot, not an MT3 in sight... haha. they did have an MT3, but it was the MT335 H (no cab), which is a smaller frame size than the 352/357. I bs'd w/ the dealer for a bit, and he recognized that there were some new things about the LS line he was still learning and seemed brochures were dated... (no concern from me on that). (price for the mt335H was 26+k)

lots of kubota dealer close, but again, cost wise, they're just really high over the LS.

/ Tractor Recommendation #43  
Yes, the Honda is considerably more reliable, gets better gas mileage, has better resale as a % of price and is considerably cheaper up front.

Nothing wrong with Kubota, but they are not better designed or built than the competition. They have a broader network of dealers in the US. Other people will be more familiar with your brand.

OP,

TYM/Branson and LS are going to be your best bang for the buck. Closely followed by Kioti. Dealer is important. I really wish that Kubota had a better value proposition as the dealership is the closest by about 30 miles for me. Unfortunately, Deere and Kubota use pricing to convince people they are better. Far too many people think higher price equals better quality. That can be true, but is often a ruse.

/ Tractor Recommendation #44  
Yes, the Honda is considerably more reliable, gets better gas mileage, has better resale as a % of price and is considerably cheaper up front.

Nothing wrong with Kubota, but they are not better designed or built than the competition. They have a broader network of dealers in the US. Other people will be more familiar with your brand.

OP,

TYM/Branson and LS are going to be your best bang for the buck. Closely followed by Kioti. Dealer is important. I really wish that Kubota had a better value proposition as the dealership is the closest by about 30 miles for me. Unfortunately, Deere and Kubota use pricing to convince people they are better. Far too many people think higher price equals better quality. That can be true, but is often a ruse.
Part of the pricing difference is not necessarily machine quality, but also service network. It’s easy to find service and parts quickly for Kubota and Deere, while the same cannot always be said for other brands. Brand value is also a function of those factors and was the reason why I only considered Kubota and Deere when considering my purchase. Some locations have good support for other brands, but overall nobody matches the big 2 for those things.

/ Tractor Recommendation #45  
Part of the pricing difference is not necessarily machine quality, but also service network. It’s easy to find service and parts quickly for Kubota and Deere, while the same cannot always be said for other brands. Brand value is also a function of those factors and was the reason why I only considered Kubota and Deere when considering my purchase. Some locations have good support for other brands, but overall nobody matches the big 2 for those things.
This all the way. It is not a honda mercedes comparison. You are paying more for Deere and Kubota because of their strong, decades old dealer network. And frankly, i think they deserve that premium.

/ Tractor Recommendation #46  
This all the way. It is not a honda mercedes comparison. You are paying more for Deere and Kubota because of their strong, decades old dealer network. And frankly, i think they deserve that premium.
I saw what my neighbor went through with his Montana tractor and that influenced my choice of Kubota. His tractor seems to be capable and well built. BUT he has to wait weeks or months for parts and anything but routine service is almost unobtainium.

/ Tractor Recommendation #47  
Cahaba Valley Farm JD is living off of the
Yanmar reputation as Yanmar made tractors
for them for over 20 years under 50hp
Both John Deere and Kubota have out priced
them selves
The JD has too much plastic for one thing
Kubota anyone checking them out are in the
know

willy

/ Tractor Recommendation #48  
It is not a car. Dealer 'network' means a lot less than your local dealer's solid reputation. Unless you are doing work across a region or planning on moving, that is just more marketing than usefulness. Certainly not worth the higher cost. All else being equal, I'd pay $250-$500 more for an equal tractor, but the differences are far greater.

/ Tractor Recommendation #49  
So Torvy, when are you going to spend any money to actually buy a tractor?

/ Tractor Recommendation #50  
So Torvy, when are you going to spend any money to actually buy a tractor?
Very soon. The shed is finally underway. The framing is about done. Once I can secure it, I should be good to go.