Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,441  
I got picked on in each school I attended . I was tall and scrawny.
I dealt with each bully in turn and never had problems after that.
Did get thrown out of drum practice permanently when I took out that bully.
It was worth it.

Today would probably have been thrown out of school with their zero tolerance rules against self defense :-(
Good for you Ken. Face it and stand up to it is best. Most bullies don't like to be confronted unless they are in a crowd of bullies. Had a friend in school that was bullied because of his stuttering and I took the bully on and confronted him to stop. He was the son of influential pastor that complained to the school principal and I was called in to be caned for it. But when the principal heard my story he let me go. And no more bullying after that.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,442  
Good morning to all! Low was a balmy 24° (compared to the last few mornings), going up to around 50°. The latest forecast has a possibility of some snow on thanksgiving, depending on where the storm tracks.

Drew, I see you were holding up 4 fingers...... (whew!) Enjoy your trip around town. Hope the apples are a big hit.

Ken, the ortho surgeon (and practice) is one of the top rated in the state. No giant cutting edge hospitals in the state like John Hopkins, the closest one is run by the state university (associated with the med school). Don't want to be a guinea pig for a bunch of students.

Dennis, glad the cough is a little better this morning. Good call to take of another day from work.

RNG, hope the final drive is workable.... seems odd to be "tight" like you described. Nice to hear you were able to get the apples and walnuts. I can smell the pie and crisp baking already!

The new glasses are messing with my vision a bit.... I hope it's not a problem with the 'script.... seems my right vision just isn't as clear as it should be, creating weird vision. Could be from going from a 'script that was about 8-10 years ago, to a new stronger one. I'll give it a few days to get used to it, but if it doesn't get better, another visit back to the eye dr will be in order. Costco will replace the lenses for free if the 'script changes within 90 days.

Gonna try to get out in the shop today. Should be a nice day.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,443  
interesting morning and back already
two doc offices and Tractor Supply.
had good chat with my original oncologist.
About a year after I moved North, he published a paper for the medical
journals with six other docs, on yours truly. Less than 200 cases on file of someone getting lymphoma in both adrenal glands at same time. And they have no idea why.

I was concerned after reading the medical paper the repeated phrase of poor prognosis.
worrisome...
But he explained that adrenal cancer is not good and within the not good class I was about average. But RCHOP was used super effectively and I have zero hot spots in my body.
These guys never say cured, but he said not to worry about it any more. If you make it past two years without a lymphoma coming back, apparently odds are very good that issue will not reoccur. But who knows what else will. He really liked the apples and must have been fun for one of his success stories to come back and visit him.
sure was good to get in and out of the cancer ward with a smile. Vidant/ECU in Greenville NC.

now some quality time with my kindle, a nap later and then out to dinner.
this trip I planned less so I could have more down time. No running from one place to another.

Ted, great glasses, clear view for 2000 miles. ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #159,444  
66°F and .42 inches rain.

Today I get to renew my drivers license, being at that privileged stage of life requiring zi do do every 2 years. I just don’t fathom why I need all that proof, birth certificate, social security card, etc. I ‘m the same person as 2 years ago. Proof of physical address is only thing that could have changed.

Also need safety inspection for Pilot and pick up Sophie’s prescription that wasn’t ready Fri.

I did get last 2 UniFi APs configured, need to improve performance. Also 2 more lock sets installed. Have to rework all the mortises otherwise not bad. The new handles have a nice feel.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #159,445  
Drew, neat story.
Hope you didn’t mind sharing the farm pics, since you don’t live there any more. You sure did a lot of work to improve the place, and a lot of good raising and donating all those veggies. You are one of the guys that leaves a place better when you leave, like you are doing now in your rental.

My GBS was treated at John’s Hopkins. I thank the staff for listening to me. At first they just wanted to treat my pneumonia, which I was recovering from already. I kept insisting it’s my legs not working, so they got neurologist involved who figured it out rather quickly. The quicker the treatment of GBS the better off, it’s a race against the clock.

53° out, turned pellet stove off.

Wife went to Costco. She is one of the few women who hates shopping, and will probably not be in a good mood when she gets home because it will be a zoo.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,446  
46F and sunny @ 11:30, heading up to a high of around 52F for the day. Ten Day shows plenty of highs in the 40's and 50's through the end of the month.

Muck Boots were warm and worked out good.

Got a load of burnables taken up to the shop in the dump cart and stowed inside.

After that I did some mowing and mulching of the leaves.

Then brought Water Buffalo over to the house from the barn.

After that I came inside and slapped another coat of mud on three areas and got the fiberglass screen installed on the fourth.

Refilled suet feeder outside kitchen window.

Watched a video on digging and storing dahlias.

Two sets of dahlia tubers dug out of their grow bags to dry, also removed the soil at the top of the bag on several others so the bags/dirt would dry out quicker.

Another couple of bowls of barley soup for dinner and 6 Tollhouse cookies for desert.

Went downstairs and threw a bag of salt in the water softener after dinner and then switched it over to bypass and drew 24 gallons of water for refills and pwc's.

Did a little cleaning and straightening up back in the utility room.

Fed some of the fish.

Brought up the little temp/humidity gauge from the fish room and put it in the garage to see how warm it stays. I don't think it will stay warm enough (above freezing) in the dead of winter to store corms and tubers. The ceiling has some insulation but the walls do not.

Revised the list of what we need to get done outside before it gets really cold out. Less concerned about that now, as it seems really cold weather is still a ways off and we'll have reasonably decent temps for around another 10 days or so.

Agenda for today, in no particular order:

Move chop saw and fuel cans from barn over to the garage.

Clean up the little piles of rocks and dirt on the lawn from the recent tree/shrub plantings.

Refill Water Buffalo and give recent tree/shrub plantings a good watering.

Mulch around new plantings.

Trim back irises and peonies, plus other general flower bed clean up, possibly some mulching as well.

Drain and gather up garden hoses and put those in the Country Mfg. dump cart, move that over to the barn.

Unload 2 x 4's from the van and get those moved over to the barn, also move two other pallets of 2 x 4's inside.

Move pallet with service cable inside the barn.

Move pallet with geo-tex, vapor barrier, and other assorted items inside the barn.

More mudding tonight once the last layer is dry, also some sanding on the one patch that is finished.

That should be plenty, likely won't get it all done but some progess will be nice.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #159,447  
Today I get to renew my drivers license, being at that privileged stage of life requiring zi do do every 2 years. I just don’t fathom why I need all that proof, birth certificate, social security card, etc. I ‘m the same person as 2 years ago. Proof of physical address is only thing that could have changed.

Just gotta shake your head at the insanity of it sometimes.

Had to pick up something for work, needed 2 IDs, Form said any government issued ID was valid. Well, it wasn’t. I had 2 other government issued IDs beside driver’s license that they would not accept. Rescheduled for 2 weeks.
Every 2 years is really excessive.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,448  
29°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 60° today.

Had a terrible weekend. Got home Thursday evening and opened the studio door to find fallen ceiling tiles and water running onto several pieces of electronic equipment. Turns out a mouse had chewed and punctured the water line running to the refrigerator. The studio is directly under the kitchen. Talk about a real kick in the gut. Spent the next two days sucking up the water from the carpet, and two days with fans drying everything. Got the line repaired on Friday by finding the hole and cutting off that end section, since there was ample service loop. Spent the rest of the weekend cleaning stuff. The only bright side is that it afforded me the motivation to clean and reorganize in there. Not how I wanted to spend my weekend, but there it is.

Took Monday off as well, for an appointment ... the details of which I won't share here lest I jinx myself again.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving this week. Long been my favorite holiday.

Good afternoon, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,450  
Not a lot, but enough.

This was my biggest concern about putting the studio in that room coming to fruition.