Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,431  
Almost got run over by 10 point buck yesterday in the yard beautiful animal well developed animal

There’s a song in there ….almost like grandma got run over, but it wasn’t a reindeer. Something like…

“ Buppies got ran over by a 10 point,
Walking thru his yard, thanksgiving eve…..
You can say you’ve never seen a 10 point
but now for me and Buppies, we believe “

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #159,432  
Listening to Richard Fierro's story of taking down the gun man in the Colorado shooting. He is a hero and saved many lives
sadly I think his daughter's boyfriend was one of the men shot to death
the shooter will not look good today, lot of folks apparently beat on him before police came.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,433  
RNG, hope you feel better this morning. Turning purple in spots?
Some purple, some yellow, strawberry is still red. But less pain, so I'm happy with that.

Do you have an invite, maybe from your firefighter buddy, to Thanksgiving dinner, Drew?

FWIW, I've had pretty good luck with Best Western motels this year. Most had nice breakfast bars with a variety of wholesome foods, including a waffle maker. But I learned to stay away from the "by Best Western" places, as they're not done up to the same standards.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,434  
RNG, I was able to get two hard boiled eggs and some yogurt this morning, passed up all the greasy eggs and sausage and bacon, and....

headed out to deliver apples and putter around my old home town.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,435  
Good morning, warming up, 30 going to 51 nice change for the better. A restoration company came by to inspect the rock foundation cracks and took measurements and also showed them the bowing in the brick veneer wall over the walnut log wall. This company has rebuilt many barns and covered bridges around this area.
Looks like a mellow day which is great. Doing a run to town to pick up a prescription and some groceries..
Listening to Richard Fierro's story of taking down the gun man in the Colorado shooting. He is a hero and saved many lives

If the company is who I think it is, a good friend of ours works for them.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,436  
Good morning! 42˚F heading to the 50s with partly cloudy skies.

Replacement Tempest still working good. I did take apart the old Tempest to see what kind of battery there was and it looked like it was soldered in. An internet search found it in china where you have to buy minimum 100 at a time. It was suppose to be good for 50,000 cycles but it only made it 3 years. I still prefer the Tempest to any other weather station I have had and will probably buy a replacement if they ever stop sending free replacements.

Ron shopping here Yesterday was very crowded and the shelves were getting low in stock. The checkouts were not long but we got the last basket and the aisles were almost grid locked. There were four cars waiting for my parking spot, and it was raining. Today is bake day. I'm in charge of the deserts made with no sugar, eggs, or oil, - a sweet potato pecan pie and a carrot cake.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,437  
Listening to stories of kids being bullied in school and what to do about it. Brings back many memories of our kids during their school days. Confront the bullies seems to be the best way out of these situations and requires good communications between parents and kids.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,438  
I got picked on in each school I attended . I was tall and scrawny.
I dealt with each bully in turn and never had problems after that.
Did get thrown out of drum practice permanently when I took out that bully.
It was worth it.

Today would probably have been thrown out of school with their zero tolerance rules against self defense :-(

/ Good morning!!!! #159,439  
Good Morning!!!! 47F @ 5:45AM.
A mix of clouds and sun. High 64F. Winds light and variable.

That range setup of your neighbor's would give me a lot of concern, Frits. Those rocks will cause ricochets and sparks in that dry grass will start a fire. I see an uncomfortable conversation in your near future, and I hope it doesn't get confrontational. Getting the sheriff on it is a good idea, so far that's worked for me. Bummer about the continuing chainsaw challenge. Good luck sorting it out.

Gee thanks, Phil. Just had to wipe the drool off my chin...😂🤤

One of the dives I lived in back in my Ohio State days was a Victorian half double with a gravity furnace. The furnace didn't have a fan; it worked by hot air rising from the basement. It also had ancient wood windows in it that would billow out when the wind blew. My roommate and I had very little money, certainly not enough to feed that gas furnace. We cobbled together some wooden frames that would fit the inside of the windows and filled them with pink fiberglass insulation covered with plastic. We put them in every window and stuffed the cracks with newspapers. The place looked like a crypt inside, but it kept the faucets from freezing and us, too.

When I broke my wrist, Doug, the first cast wouldn't let me touch my thumb and index finger. It ended up being too tight, and when they replaced it, I made sure that the thumb could reach my index finger. The doctor didn't seem to care one way or another, but it was a real boon to me.

Got a coat of paint on the red bike's swingarm, so that might get put back together today.

The orchard visit was almost a nogo, as we couldn't find the entrance. No sign, the GPS was off, and their voicemail was full and not accepting messages. On the last trip by I spotted a table up a driveway with what looked like boxes on it, and that turned out to be it. We poked around at the table for a few minutes before a gal about our age came out and started to tell us about her apples. Granny Smiths and Black Thorn. Then there were the walnuts, which were hulled but not shelled. They lost the old sheller in the Camp Fire, along with their home and lots of equipment, and the replacement sheller wasn't very good. But it was still much better than banging the shells open with a hammer, so we spent fifteen minutes working five pounds of nuts through it. The GS apples weren't as tart as I'd have liked, so we'll find out this morning how they taste in a pie. And in an apple crisp, via a recipe I found on the Jim Beam website.

Then it was off to a grocery store, also in Paradise, CA, for some last minute spices and heavy whipping cream. Also found a 12-pack of Modello Negra on sale, so of course had to give it a new home. Isles were crowded with people, and displays that blocked a third of the isle were no help, either. I think we got the last cart, and it was one of those tiny mini jobs. Filled it fuller than we should have.

Then it was off to a new-to-me Thai restaurant for lunch. The menu was six pages long; I've never seen so many red curry dishes. The food was excellent, just the right amount of heat and lots of flavor. And it seemed we'd jut got our coats off when the food was on the table. We have enough leftovers for lunch today.

Another campfire finished off the day. That oak and manzanita really takes the chill off.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,440  
Now I’m hungry for Thai food.

My Jr year at Ohio State I rented a room from a church friend, a Single engineer who had bought a huge old house in nice part of town. Fall qtr My bedroom was room over the front porch. Must not have been any insulation in the floor. It was cold. Then a guy moved out that was renting a back bedroom, and I got to move to a warmer room. Since this was in the nice neighborhood, The neighbors complained about the renters and the city forced him to stop renting rooms. So my SR year I lived on the bad side of town, bars on the windows, shootings at the bar across the street, car broken into, car “stolen” once by a predatory towing company, and a 300 # landlady who hit on all the guys. Quite a difference.

Last edited: