Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,921  
good morning
long night
gen still running, ran out at 3pm, changed tanks, fired right back up.
small country lane next to my home, tree took down all the wires down the lane, tripped the breaker for my home, may be a while
before power is back.
now Peco still says pending assessment and scheduling crew. Sounds like nothing has happened yet, they are waiting for daylight.
Rated "less than 5 people" affected so we must be down on the priority list.

coffee brewing, 31 degrees

/ Good morning!!!! #159,922  
Drew, they may be waiting for winds to die down. When we had power outage a couple weeks ago. Then they to wait for tree crew to remove tree that was still on the broken lines.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,923  
Good morning, low 23 and high to 30°F. Wind W 20 gusting to 32 mph. Mostly cloudy.

A dump and town run is in the cards for today

daugen, I don't know if you can compare or not, but my Dayton genny gets 5 hours at 50% load out of 6 gallons of gasoline.
I have a 'jiggle siphon', so I don't bother to shut the genny down. Just set the 5 gallon jug on top of the genny and siphon two or three gallons into it. There is also a LED light over the genny, (it takes up one of the 120 outlets), but at least in the dark you can see what you are doing without having to hold a flashlight.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #159,924  
Drinking first cup of coffee. 25° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 35° with a mix of sun and clouds. Tech came out and replaced compressor in my refrigerator yesterday afternoon. Sassy and I spent time in shop cleaning up and had dinner at neighbors. Got home about 6:30 and job was done. But house has smell from gas used in fridge. Have a couple of window open to help clear out the smell. Shop is a lot cleaner. Still more to do. But there is a big improvement. Will work on that when I get back from grocery shopping.
Winds were bad all day. Never lost power. But a couple of blips. Internet was out for several hours.
Birds are trying to eat a suet cake in one day. It never happens. That greasy stuff must fill them up quick.
gqpfZi4.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,925  
Ron, I saw the Asplundh truck come in last evening, but did not hear sawing or grinding.
Maybe none of them want to work in the dark, probably a real mess of downed wires in a tight country lane.
and if they bring a truck in, they block the whole lane and no one can get in or out so it gets complicated.
I'm right next to the road and power, but this mess up the hill took down the whole feeder line. My wires are fine, can't see what the
problem is. Just tired of the constant gen din, I wore my headphones for a while last night.

Bill, I'm doing my best not to put gasoline in this gen, never had a drop yet. Trying to run just on propane to keep the carb ungunked.
But I have at least ten gallons of premium gas set aside as backup to the propane on a dual fuel gen.

Very pleased that gen fired right back up at 31 degrees with a 30 gallon tank. Size is iffy in the winter under full load.
Will head out to TSC this morning to fill up up 40 gallon tank, the one with little wheels on it. Once it gets light out, will go out and shut it down
and check the oil. It was full to the top with full synthetic, should be fine after 12 hours. Which is about now.

woke up with headache. And going to dentist later this morning to be tortured for way more money than I can afford should surely improve that.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,926  
Sounds like a rough night Drew and L4N

Very windy last night 31 this morning high in 40s today

Nice picture Ron need to put our feeder back out

Prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #159,927  
Buppies, at 3:10am holding a flashlight while changing propane tanks behind the house,
I thought to myself, well, at least it's not windy or snowing or raining. It usually is.
Still a lot of dead ash trees in local woods and this is what happens when they come down by themselves.
We got rain here but no wind over 20mph. I think this was a dead tree in pretty damp ground.
Poor guy at rear of lane, hope he wasn't going anywhere this morning.

this just reinforces my existing understanding of how wonderful automatic gens are hooked up to 500 gal propane tanks.
And I am really going to investigate providing a solid state backup system in my basement, using lithium batteries. If I can do without hot water or a/c,
I can run this small house easily on an inverter. and hot water lasts awhile. I need to get this gen noise resolved, giving me a headache with my bad ear.
The resonant frequency is doing a number on my tinnitus.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,928  
Good morning, windy here but no power outage. 30 going to 40 today.
Outages are no fun. Used to have a Miller 400 amp welder on a trailer that I got from one of our surplus sales and used also as backup generator and with the Deutz diesel it was loud.
Drew, dentist is a good profession. Wondering what the gross margin is on the average. Would think it to be close to 100 percent.
Had all my teeth crowned while I had insurance before retirement. Was not cheap

Still dealing with chain saw repairs and daughters car. Challenges are meant to keep us sharp.

Our local bank got hacked and we were notified to sign up for free ID protection. We only had a small account and were not even signed up on-line

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #159,929  
Morning all!
31 going to 36 today. We survived the high winds and rain with no power issues. I will suit up and head outside to look for damages once it gets light out.
Pellet stoves are a self contained unit and are less dangerous than a wood stove. If your house filled with smoke it wasn't installed correctly!! I've had 1 running for over 15 years. I have changed out the computer board once as it had the refuse to turn off issue after a few years operation and a few power outages.
Not much planned for today as yet. Worked in the woodshop yesterday doing some machine maintenance. Might go down and do some more cleaning up.
Will head out to the other garage and check on the mouse traps and make sure the tractor is ok. Went out for kerosene yesterday for the heater out there and it was over $7.00 a gallon! Clerk says they were out of it for 2 weeks and had to go somewhere up in Maine to get what they had! Glad I only use about 5 gallons a season.
Oh well. Time for another coffee!
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,930  
37 outside this AM. Weather front moved through last evening, highs in the upper 40's today. Need to restart the wood stove.

Thanks everyone for the prayers and kind words. I am still in a brain fog about the whole situation.

I did manage to get some Xmas lights strung on the front porch, today I hope to get the second story done. And the wife is pestering me to go get a flu shot. She does not want to take a chance on getting sick. I have never had one.

Hope all have a great day. Be safe. And good luck with the power if your out of it. Gets to be annoying after a while. Not having it.