Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,931  
Pellet stoves are a self contained unit and are less dangerous than a wood stove. If your house filled with smoke it wasn't installed correctly!!

The way I read it was that the controls failed causing the pellet feed to overload the firebox, but that might just be my interpretation.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,932  
Good morning, low 23 and high to 30°F. Wind W 20 gusting to 32 mph. Mostly cloudy.

A dump and town run is in the cards for today

daugen, I don't know if you can compare or not, but my Dayton genny gets 5 hours at 50% load out of 6 gallons of gasoline.
I have a 'jiggle siphon', so I don't bother to shut the genny down. Just set the 5 gallon jug on top of the genny and siphon two or three gallons into it. There is also a LED light over the genny, (it takes up one of the 120 outlets), but at least in the dark you can see what you are doing without having to hold a flashlight.

Have a safe day all
Way back when, just after Hurricane Sandy, I installed a diverter valve in the fuel line on my generator, and also installed an Evinrude fuel connector. This way I can run directly off of 5-gal marine tanks, and the hot swap is very easy - just switch back to the onboard tank while swapping the outboard tanks, then flip the diverter valve again.

WARNING: Remember on smaller generators you do have to shut them down for a period of time regularly or the motor will fail! (Did not happen to us over our 9-day power outage, but one of the neighbors was running their generator 24/7 (and probably refueling while it was running!), and around Day 3 you could detect the slight change in the sound, by Day 4 it was pretty obvious to everyone except THAT guy, and somewhere in the wee hours of the morning of Day 5 their was a rapid, drastic decline to the quality of the sound until SUDDENLY there was no sound at all. . .)

/ Good morning!!!! #159,933  
I can run this small house easily on an inverter. and hot water lasts awhile. I need to get this gen noise resolved, giving me a headache with my bad ear.
The resonant frequency is doing a number on my tinnitus.

Drew,
I would think that a far easier solution would be to put the generator behind your garage and get a longer cable to plug it into the box on the house. It seems like your existing generator meets all your goals except noise. I would not be a fan of relying on batteries for power outages of unknown duration.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,934  
Don upon further review you folks turn cold after the 15th to 20th of December

/ Good morning!!!! #159,935  
Drew,
I would think that a far easier solution would be to put the generator behind your garage and get a longer cable to plug it into the box on the house. It seems like your existing generator meets all your goals except noise. I would not be a fan of relying on batteries for power outages of unknown duration.

Yeah, batteries are just another thing to worry about.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,936  
Good Morning!

God has once again gifted us with a chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

23.5F at the moment, just added wood to the woodstove.

The chickens are finally sorting themselves out. Monday night, two of the four new birds simply refused to go back into the coop, so we left them out all night. The following morning, they were holed up in some dense underbrush. We were going on a road trip, so we left them out (we only let our hens roam after 3pm, when the hawks have all gone) to fend for themselves. When we got home around four-ish, they were standing outside the coop. I Let all the other birds out and then ignored them until dark.

they all went in. YAY! They are finally sorting themselves out.

i tried stacking wood in the woodstove a little differently last night. It burned much longer, but with less output. So back to the old way of doing things. But if you don’t try, you don’t learn!

Monday we milled about another 90 B.F. of lumber on the sawmill.
MrsKilroyJC is becoming adept at the handling of the 3” shackle for the sling straps! And she is starting to get the hang of departing logs, too.

Now I have to drop some more trees for logs. . . And I really REALLY need to build that slabwood rack. . .
—-24 Shoplifting Days ‘til Christmas!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #159,937  
Drew,
And a couple of strategically-placed pieces of plywood to direct the sound away (it does not have to be fully-enclosed) will further help.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,938  
And a couple of strategically-placed pieces of plywood to direct the sound away (it does not have to be fully-enclosed) will further help.
yes that is exactly what is needed. Gen sits near kitchen window, noise gets through, need to reflect it out to woods, sorry squirrels, better you than me

/ Good morning!!!! #159,939  
28 going to 49. Clear and calm now.

Mostly, no break-in required.

Don, white Christmases are rare here, too. If your brother saves that much at AAA, are you looking into switching?

Went to visit my mom in Virginia Beach yesterday...driving the whole way in the rain and mist from truck tires was no fun, but we had a good visit. My mom's auto lease was up...3 years and she only put 7,300 miles on it, so was in new condition...she bought it outright. They had a brand new Maybach in the showroom...but I liked the used Supra out on the lot much better.

Stopped at Ikea on the way home and picked up some things that will find me assembling all day today, after firing up the woodstove again, then roasting coffee.

/ Good morning!!!! #159,940  
headed out in a little bit now that it's getting light out to turn off gen and check the oil.
happy oil, happy gen
by the time the low oil control shuts down the gen, you have
toasted your bearings and valves nicely.
Oil has about 30 hours on it, now, after last oil change.
Big single cylinder air cooled buzz box. Not just the exhaust, the whole motor
radiates noise.
twin cylinder engines have lower frequency noise, at least it seems, though both run at 3600 rpm.

Hour after hour at 3600 rpm under load is a pretty hard test for an engine.
You don't run your truck or car engines that fast under load usually. Maybe towing up a hill, and you are watching your temp gauge for sure.

I think a diesel running at 1800 rpm would be very, very nice. In a hush box like in a boat.