Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #162,792  
The trick to keeping your turbo is to sit and let the engine idle for anywhere from 5-10 minutes before shutting it down. Touch wood (hand goes to head) I have never lost a turbo in 50 years of driving trucks.

Drew, up here the tourists are driving 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks with a 5 wheel camper and hooked on the back a boat. According to the law they are 'supposed' to have a class A license to do this, but I never see them on the side of the road with a cop.
Sometimes IF I see CB antennas I will try to talk to them, being the smartarse I am ask them if they can back up the whole rig or do they split 'em. Of course some are just as smart and ask me if I can back up my rig (super B train) to which I answer yes. The ones that ask 'how', get told how. It is really simple, steer just like backing up a car.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,793  
I guess the thing about the high cost of labor is that Americans want to live like Americans and we don't want low cost foreigners coming in so there you go.

Chris
I don't mind reasonable labor costs but over 200 dollars an hour does not sound reasonable to me for a mini split install. Maybe the high cost of foreign labor is to blame

/ Good morning!!!! #162,794  

Ken and Wng, hope the mini-split installs go as planned.
I/we have been considering getting a Mr. Cool unit. Is there anything in the manual about installing the outside unit in a shady area? On spot I was thinking about doesn't get any sun except for very late afternoon, couple hours tops.

I saw nothing on placement other than some recommended height measurements for the inside unit.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,795  
The outside units need clearance from walls, overhangs etc. and to be off the ground for drainage.
Different size and configurations of units have different requirements, most of them have install guides on line.

I have read a few, and also how to pressurize the unit etc. Worth reading through and looking at Youtube videos.

My current AC compressor gets full sun, which does not help it cool. I still have to figure out how to fix that without blocking airflow.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,796  
The trick to keeping your turbo is to sit and let the engine idle for anywhere from 5-10 minutes before shutting it down. Touch wood (hand goes to head) I have never lost a turbo in 50 years of driving trucks.

Drew, up here the tourists are driving 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks with a 5 wheel camper and hooked on the back a boat. According to the law they are 'supposed' to have a class A license to do this, but I never see them on the side of the road with a cop.
Sometimes IF I see CB antennas I will try to talk to them, being the smartarse I am ask them if they can back up the whole rig or do they split 'em. Of course some are just as smart and ask me if I can back up my rig (super B train) to which I answer yes. The ones that ask 'how', get told how. It is really simple, steer just like backing up a car.
Does not work for flat towed cars, the front wheels will screw it up. For a couple of feet maybe ok after that forget it. Unhook and start over. My dad was a trucker so grew up with trucks. To watch someone back up with tandem trailers is really a great show and to make it interesting trailers with turning front axles

/ Good morning!!!! #162,797  
Ken and Wng, hope the mini-split installs go as planned.
I/we have been considering getting a Mr. Cool unit. Is there anything in the manual about installing the outside unit in a shady area? On spot I was thinking about doesn't get any sun except for very late afternoon, couple hours tops.
In reading about different Mini-split installs, the only thing I have seen on the outside units is if the prevailing wind blows into the discharge side then a wind block of some sort is recommended. Also to be installed high enough as to not be buried in snow, if you get any.
With any AC unit, the outside unit should not be installed in the sun. Late afternoon sun shouldn't be too bad, just not high noon sun.

/ Good morning!!!! #162,799  
Since I don't happen to be currently pursued by too many rich widows,
perhaps getting an rv will get me out there more.
😀 Instead of the RV maybe you should move to Texas and take dance lessons. Texas honky tonks are famous for positive results in that respect. 😀

/ Good morning!!!! #162,800  
Does not work for flat towed cars, the front wheels will screw it up. For a couple of feet maybe ok after that forget it. Unhook and start over. My dad was a trucker so grew up with trucks. To watch someone back up with tandem trailers is really a great show and to make it interesting trailers with turning front axles
My dad would let me back up the truck at the freight terminal to go into parking space between two other trucks starting at a young age. One day I assumed the space was empty and did not see the little VW Beatle parked way into the parking space. It got crushed for sure. Dad had a lot to explain