12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!!

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #131  
Those trucks are, slowly, going to the dealers. They're not going to be scrapped, they'll be cleaned and sent off to their new, unsuspecting, owners. There are plenty of special order trucks in that group, not just dealer requests.

The Super Duty forums are a fun place.

Last edited:
   / 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #132  
Those trucks are, slowly, going to the dealers. They're not going to be scrapped, they'll be cleaned and sent off to their new, unsuspecting, owners.
And why not? They're brand new trucks.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #133  
That have sat uncovered with the cabin tightly closed for a year in a parking lot.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #134  

Those trucks are not meant to sit for long periods; certainly not months at a time. They're being delivered with surface rust, electrical issues, windshield leaks, all kinds of various problems that may not have existed otherwise. Now, that said, they're also having some major quality control issues on top of that, so it's a huge clusterfuck.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #135  
One of the upsides of this recession, depression or whatever they're calling for is delay of spending our money probably will no longer be a problem, but it may be a problem having money to spend. 🙂

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #136  
Have you asked people in any groups you belong to (church, softball league)?
I'll have my wife ask around her church. I avoid the organized religions that try to pick your pocket. Haven't played softball in 20 yrs.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #137  
I,m amazed some of you folks have the patience to wait a year or two for a new vehicle you have ordered, especially the fact of not being locked into a firm price, and not knowing for sure IF it will ever be delivered. My OCD will not allow me to wait, and wait, and wait. If I decide I want another vehicle, I do my research, and when I find what I want, at the price I am willing to pay, the deal gets done, very quickly.
I certainly don,t, and cann,t even wait for a dealer to get a lot vehicle ready for me in a couple of days. I quit buying new, and only buy privately now. The deal can be done in the same day. No waiting, no wondering, no loss of sleep.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #138  
I buy new because I have a GM credit card, and the points lower the price of the car. Saved $4500 on the 2022 Silverado we bought last year by using credit card points. And that is on top of other discounts - $500 first responder and $2000 dealer incentives. I'm willing to wait 3 months to get exactly the options we wanted at the price no other manufacturer could match.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #139  
I buy new because I have a GM credit card, and the points lower the price of the car. Saved $4500 on the 2022 Silverado we bought last year by using credit card points. And that is on top of other discounts - $500 first responder and $2000 dealer incentives. I'm willing to wait 3 months to get exactly the options we wanted at the price no other manufacturer could match.
A former colleague had a GM card, also, and used his truck for work; banking his mileage checks. He was the type of guy who liked everything just so, and kept his truck pristine. He traded every 36,000 miles... sometimes that meant that Paul was buying a new truck every 9 months. At one time the dealer had 3 of his trades on the lot.

/ 12 to 18 month wait for new vehicle!! #140  
I’m sorry, but that’s just plain nuts doing that. You are getting crushed on not only depreciation, but sales tax.
Sounds like a mental disease.