AAA

/ AAA #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Is anybody else a member? I dropped my RF tire over the shoulder of an icy road today. By the time that I got done I was well and thoroughly stuck, with the right side of the truck fully into the ditch. That's when I remembered that I'm an AAA member... I've been paying my dues for years but never needed them.
I made the call and they said somebody would be there within an hour; that was a bit after 4:00. By 5:00 I was out of the ditch, thanking him and down the road.
31/2 hours later I am still getting texts from them, stating

We are monitoring your roadside assistance request, at this time we are working to find the best available resource. We will provide you an update when we have an estimated time of arrival. If you need further assistance please reply with “Agent” to be connected to a AAA agent.
I even sent a return text stating that I am out and on the way home. Hopefully they won't send somebody else out looking for me.

/ AAA #2  
Is anybody else a member? I dropped my RF tire over the shoulder of an icy road today. By the time that I got done I was well and thoroughly stuck, with the right side of the truck fully into the ditch. That's when I remembered that I'm an AAA member... I've been paying my dues for years but never needed them.
I made the call and they said somebody would be there within an hour; that was a bit after 4:00. By 5:00 I was out of the ditch, thanking him and down the road.
31/2 hours later I am still getting texts from them, stating

I even sent a return text stating that I am out and on the way home. Hopefully they won't send somebody else out looking for me.
Used to be a member for maps and "trip tics" (or whatever they were called)...also city guides/atlases tour books...
With the advent of GPS and roadside service riders on most auto ins. policies we gave them up...

/ AAA #3  
I dropped them a long time ago. They still send me letters like "don't let your coverage expire" like I'm still with them. :ROFLMAO:Insurance companies are offering roadside assistance when I had it with Shelter and now USAA.

/ AAA #4  
I cancelled my membership years ago, to save money I'm sure; I've been meaning to sign back up for a few years after having a few situations where they could have been helpful.

/ AAA #6  
I'm a member of the RACT (Royal Automobile Club - Tasmania). I've rarely needed to call for assistance but when I do I'm glad I have the service. The membership applies to 'you', not your vehicle and it's honoured in every other State in Australia plus internationally by other Clubs/Associations/Etc...

Discounts are applied to a membership card including, and this is the BIG ONE: 6 cents per litre off for petrol/diesel.

For me it's money well spent.

/ AAA #7  
Like some, I dropped them yrs ago

/ AAA #8  
We are long time members. My wife drives late in the evening. And we both hate the DMV. I do all my registration work at AAA. No long lines, nice people and couches if you do wait a minute. Not giving it up even if I only use their DMV services.

/ AAA #9  
I have Onstar for all three vehicles. My wife had a flat recently, had her push the button, local guy was there in 30 minutes to change it. I have used the towing service when my old PU won't start. You get the first 25 miles free. Plus I get alerts when her car has an issue, in case she forgets to tell me. I can remotely monitor tire pressures, how long till the next oil change, etc. That is in addition to the stolen vehicle locate and shut down. I can call when the check engine light comes on, they do a remote diagnostics scan, and tell you whether it is safe to drive. Last time it was something simple, a glow plug had gone bad.

For me it is the peace of mind knowing if my wife has an issue, she is not sitting on the side of the road waiting for me to show up.

/ AAA
I have two good come alongs with plenty of chain, and a nice pair of traction aids. Either of them would have gotten me out .

Everything was 60 miles away at the house, in my other truck.