Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #164,271  
47 outside this AM. A few degrees more and that's all we are expecting today.

Managed to get some more siding up on the Milk House. Still need lights for the inside though.

Not much on the agenda today. SO has a checkup, so a road trip is in order. Also her surgery was totally denied by the insurance company. So once again, we enter that abyss. Funny how that happens. These insurance carries need a total overhaul on everything under the sun. Not happy today.

Hope all have a great start to the work week, Be safe, stay warm.
Sucks about insurance and if I say anything else someone will move my post elsewhere. . . 🤬💥

/ Good morning!!!! #164,272  
good morning all
nice to wake up in my own bed
neck very sore, 24 hours of jiggling caught up with me, heat wrap on neck helping out.
30 degrees going up to 50 today, that's not hard to take.

major food shopping trip planned plus finish the laundry. And then another nap.
Traveling seems to take it out of me more and more...

Ted, hope you are feeling better this morning.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,273  
Cruising on the ICW sounds better and better

/ Good morning!!!! #164,274  
Sorry about your insurance troubles riptides

/ Good morning!!!! #164,276  
32F and cloudy @ 06:30, calling for a high of around 41F for the day.

Woke up shortly after Buppies from the sound of it, coffee made and enjoying first cup (still)

Just fired off the torpedo heater so things are warming up out in the garage.

Made some decent progress yesterday.

Got the bags of sunflower, safflower, and whole corn all emptied out and put in their respective containers.

New shelving unit unbanded, assembled, and put it into it's spot + plus a little rearranging of that corner area done.

New clamp rack hung and clamps moved over from the pegboard.

IMG_2220 copy.jpg

IMG_2224 copy.jpg

And the resultant empty space on the pegboard promptly filled up ... :LOL:

Wound up with two sets of shelves, still have another one to do ... if I can get figure out where to shoehorn it in.

Anti-corrosion material removed from the table on the spindle sander and two coats of Simonize paste wax applied.

Spindle and belt/disc sanders both screwed down to the bench top so they won't wander.

Woman and I made the run up to Menards and got the return done and picked up the butcher block top. We also did a little grocery shopping while we there: we went by the grocery area on the way up to check out and something caught Her eye (She was hungry) and commented that it was a really good price. This is real progress as when I've previously suggested grabbing some grocery items at Menards She poo-poo'ed the idea. Can't think with the idea that a big box home improvement store would have food items and they would actually be FRESH ... :LOL:

Stopped at Freddies on the way home and grabbed a couple of burgers with fries. Would have been MickeyD's but they have quit offering all day breakfast apparently.

After we got back She headed over to neighbor's/friend's to do a little dog sitting while neighbor/friend was out of town.

I worked on more organizing/clean up in garage.

Part of that was putting up pegboard hook retainers that I had ordered from Amazon a while back. Really irritating to grab a tool off the pegboard and have the hooks come off with it.

Also unwrapped the counter top and started applying the Danish oil to it. Got three coats on one side:

IMG_2223 copy.jpg

Before I started that though I took the 6' Swanson level and checked it to see how flat it was. Could not pass a piece of thin card stock under it anywhere along the length, but was able to slip a single sheet of paper under it in places. Seems like the edges are a little higher than the center on this side.

Will be interesting to see whether the other side has a crown in the center or whether it is similar to the first side. Might require some sanding at some point if it's an issue but I suspect it probably won't be.

Later today I will probably flip it over and start oiling the other side.

By the time I finished up around 22:00 my feet and back were killing me, and that was after discovering yesterday that my boots only had one set of inserts in them and adding the second set. Hit the rack just after 23:00 and slept like a log.

Woman had me order Her a couple of items from Amazon the other day, so I went ahead and ordered a package of those interlocking foam anti-fatigue floor pads. Those are due in today so we'll see how it goes with those. Really should see if I can score a high barstool for cheap off Craigs so I can sit down more when I don't actually have to be standing.

As far as agenda for the rest of today goes, probably refill feeders since we now have something to fill them with.

Do some more design work on router and portable sanding table.

Speaking of "pimping out" your router table:

:LOL:

Possibly get back to the shower valve project.

Plus whatever else comes up.

Hope everyone has a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #164,277  
Kilroy, as a long time insurance agent, underwriter and "company man", I can tell you from experience the problem is not intent, it's the execution due
to the variety of people/talent in the process. Insurance is contract law and the fine print taketh away what the big print gives. I was a small town agent who used to teach insurance
for Travelers, every word of every property-casualty insurance policy most of us buy. Most problems are due to laziness or incompetence, not because the insurance company is trying to get over on you.

Now medical underwriting is a rat's nest of misunderstanding. When my wife was dying of cancer, and some of the experimental stuff we tried was not covered by any insurance, I couldn't get mad at carrier since they had already paid out a huge amount of money trying to keep her alive. I shelled out close to fifty grand in cash on new procedures that I believe are now covered and considered non experimental. There's a lot of quackery out there, and lots of folks who don't tell the truth. So insurance companies are naturally skeptical of everyone.

when I returned to my home town in 1977 to take over the town's insurance agency, my very first piece of new business was my best friend's father who asked me to write his auto insurance.
I happily did so, and four days later he came in with a claim saying someone had stolen the fancy wheel covers on his Ford LTD station wagon. Well....I was a car guy, even then, and I knew he had the standard hub caps, not the fancy ones. So I went out to his house, somewhat unannounced, and there on his garage wall were the four "missing hub caps".
He was broke, Christmas was the following week, and I guess he felt ripping off the insurance company to buy presents was ok. I offered him several hundred dollars of my own money to help him out, but cancelled the claim, and his policy. I asked him to please go some place else. This was my best friend's father, a man who had always been nice to me.
So if he would cheat, I learned very early on a disappointingly large number of folks have no moral compass and will cheat any way they can. Is that overly cynical? Perhaps. But it's more real than you can imagine in the insurance world. So while the insurance companies sure need your premiums, they don't always trust you.

btw, never told my close friend what his Father did. Never wanted to embarrass him, nothing to be gained.

Many of us are on Medicare, and the programs vary widely. I bought the highest option BC/BS policy when I turned 65, and have never been disappointed. They paid my 268K hospital bill three years ago without one penny out of my pocket. I never have copays or deductibles for anything. Not everyone has a bad experience. Sometimes you have to stay "in network" to make it all work. I also know if my wife needed a back operation and the carrier said no you don't, I'd challenge them every inch of the way. Often the squeaking wheel gets the grease. I hope Riptide's wife's procedure is reevaluated and they come up with the right codes to get it covered. Sometimes it's all a matter of what code they put in.

as in all things, need to keep an open mind. But sometimes you need to get rid of the carrot and get a big stick, aka appeal.

RS, you must have a 36 hour day to get all that stuff done...nice tool organization (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #164,278  
28 and mostly cloudy here in srn NH. Partly sunny, with a high near 46. Light west wind becoming north 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph, forecast for today.

/ Good morning!!!! #164,280  
Morning, 28 up to 49 and cloudy.

Concert went well, kids everywhere. started around 4:30 until about 7:30.
Son is now supposedly in a band, we'll see how that works with school and all.
Very loud and lots of equipment now in the basement, wonder if we are now the practice site :eek:

Wife started yelling at me again, so that part of day did not go well.