Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,671  
View attachment 786970

Those Husqvarna gas/oil jugs are great. Even carry extra chain and tools securely. $40 on Amazon but the price fluctuates. Orange not red so technically illegal in USA to carry gas and probably why you will not find them in stores?
View attachment 786971
White oak I cut almost thirty years ago now being finished for inside new window trim in the log house. Replacing used windows I installed 47 years ago for the previous owner.
What is the purpose of the tire?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,674  
Have a couple old atv tires cut to carry 75-150’ of cable. Easy to handle, carry and store cable.
I like that idea. 👍 I have a 120 foot length of cable but always have to go back to the house when I need it. Did you build your carry all? I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of it without the tire covering it. It appears you have quite a bit packed into it.Along with the cable I see your saw, gas and oil, peavey, axe, snatch block. Did I miss anything?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,676  
I like that idea. I have a 120 foot length of cable but always have to go back to the house when I need it. Did you build your carry all? I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of it without the tire covering it. It appears you have quite a bit packed into it.Along with the cable I see your saw, gas and oil, peavey, axe, snatch block. Did I miss anything?

Several different rigging chains in the upright 6x6” tube.

Did write up making it. Built several versions improving each time. This adds skid plates protection to the loader hydraulic valve too. Bolt on.

Saves so much time and improves safety carrying tools. Change tooling for logging, fences, water line, etc.

IMG_1388.JPG
IMG_1383.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,677  
^^^^
Nice!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,678  
Those Husqvarna gas/oil jugs are great. Even carry extra chain and tools securely. $40 on Amazon but the price fluctuates. Orange not red so technically illegal in USA to carry gas and probably why you will not find them in stores?
Well, right now that price on amazon has fluctuated right up to $108. If you have a link to where I can get one at $40, please share it. At that price, I'd order one in a heartbeat. [EDIT: I did find one on eBay for $53.90 plus $23.95 shipping = $77.85. Still a bit steep for my needs.]

I believe they are not sold in the US because they don't meet fuel can standards (not just color... the whole safety spout thing). When I can find them on Amazon they are coming from Europe or Japan.

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,679  
Bought the Husqvarna gas can years ago and made the holder to fit. They are well made, leak free and refill without spilling. Last couple of years seems everything costs more or unavailable.
Things that help multiply my/our work force and increase safety always a good investment.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,680  
I like the more compact No-Spill can better. And $25. I need an oil jug too, but what is the advantage of a dual can ??? I just don't see it unless you're on foot cleaning a property line or something like that.

GasOil-4.jpg

GasOil-1.jpg

gg

Last edited: