Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,632  
Thanks for the ride along Gordon. (y)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,633  
Thanks for the ride along Gordon. (y)

Thanks. The quality isn't very good because of the vibration in the ROPS but you can still see how I use the plow. I'm just having fun fooling with the camera.

gg

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #6,634  
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #6,635  
20230210_111508.jpg

20230210_110554.jpg

I built this one for lifting. The working end is basically a big 4" reciever for various arrangements for different lifting situations. This "roof rake" was a natural for this, it's just a simple metal frame and the "cutting edge" is a pressure treated 2x10 bolted to the heavy angle and can pivot a few degrees to compensate for differences between the roof and the ground that the machine is on. It telescopes 9'.
The weather conditions this year just wouldn't let it slide off the metal roof and it would just drip when above freezing.... right where I process my firewood !
These pictures were early February, the whole season's snowfall to that point, we've had about 20" (2 storms) since then and they've both slid off on their own. 👍

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,636  
View attachment 787936
View attachment 787937
I built this one for lifting. The working end is basically a big 4" reciever for various arrangements for different lifting situations. This "roof rake" was a natural for this, it's just a simple metal frame and the "cutting edge" is a pressure treated 2x10 bolted to the heavy angle and can pivot a few degrees to compensate for differences between the roof and the ground that the machine is on. It telescopes 9'.
The weather conditions this year just wouldn't let it slide off the metal roof and it would just drip when above freezing.... right where I process my firewood !
These pictures were early February, the whole season's snowfall to that point, we've had about 20" (2 storms) since then and they've both slid off on their own. 👍
That is a sweet idea and attatchment spent a few days last week shoveling off my folks roof.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,639  
I haven't had to use it for probably 10 years (all metal roofs) but I had forgotten how fun or satisfying it is to have all that snow come thundering down right in front of you. 👍

My son has a rough camp made from an old saw mill building and attached shed. He and my grandson use it as a snow machine base. I plow out his drive. It's on a narrow shelf cut into a steep side hill and the drive runs tight to the building along the eaves. I love it when I get there to plow a new storm and find the steel roof has dumped. Fun fun.

gg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,640  
View attachment 787936
View attachment 787937

I forgot to ask - What are those two feelers sticking up from your neat rake Eric ?