I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #1  

Charliebrn

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX-2360
So, I'm getting older and some health issues have cropped up, as they tend to do. Taking on and off the mower deck on my BX2360 is getting tougher. I bought it in 2005 for about 12k, Tractor, 60" belly mower and loader. I saw somewhere that the newer JD and Kubota have made it easier by driving over and a more or less semi-automated hookup.

Doing some online pricing at their sites have left me in a state of complete shock! Is it true that I'm looking at close to 30k now??? Please tell me that I'm doing something wrong or that their SRPs are not near what dealers are charging.....

Thanks....

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #3  
and take a look what you can sell your used 2005 / 60" belly mower / loader for and you may be surprised that you have had 20 years of use with no depreciation??

(depending on condition and hours and maintenance and condition of course)

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing
I owned a BX2350 for 10 years. I probably bought it 14 years ago. It came with the 60” deck and FEL, going by memory it was about $10,500.

Is that price for a new BX include a backhoe? If not that sounds high even in these days.
Approaching 30k for a Tractor/loader/mower....but I haven't been in a dealership yet. JD is over 30 from what I can tell for something close.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #7  
That's about what I came out to also when I did a build just now... That is outrageous. I would go buy a dedicated ZTR for $8 - $12k and keep your old Kubota and put the deck in the barn. Just use the old Kubota for loader work. You would cut your mowing time in half and if you are getting older as you say, never have to buy another mower.
1678645534312.png

My MIL is 77 and she jumps on two different ZTRs we have on the farm one is a big commercial Bushhog HDZ4 61" (Mid-mount) cut and one is a Grasshopper 725D with a 61" cut (Front Deck) and she mows two acres every week with one or the other.

The other option, if your one of those guys who likes a tractor to mow on. Go look at the Yanmar SA221 with a mower deck only (no loader). Buy that and again keep your Kubota for loader work. I see you live in NW Ohio. Not sure where you are in relation to Mt. Vernon Ohio but they have a Yanmar dealer there that is the second highest volume of sales in the US. They have a good mechanic and shop and they have been selling them there for a long time. Duane is the guy to talk to, he knows Yanmar inside and out. I bought mine there and have been very happy with them and the tractor. Yammar USA Brand | Holmes Rental & Sales
1678645705732.png

Last edited:
   / I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #8  
and take a look what you can sell your used 2005 / 60" belly mower / loader for and you may be surprised that you have had 20 years of use with no depreciation??

(depending on condition and hours and maintenance and condition of course)

Excellent point…..you may be just as shocked as how much you might be able to sell your current equipment for.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing
That's about what I came out to also when I did a build just now... That is outrageous. I would go buy a dedicated ZTR for $8 - $12k and keep your old Kubota and put the deck in the barn. Just use the old Kubota for loader work. You would cut your mowing time in half and if you are getting older as you say, never have to buy another mower. View attachment 788096

My MIL is 77 and she jumps on two different ZTRs we have on the farm one is a big commercial Bushhog HDZ4 61" (Mid-mount) cut and one is a Grasshopper 725D with a 61" cut (Front Deck) and she mows two acres every week with one or the other.

The other option, if your one of those guys who likes a tractor to mow on. Go look at the Yanmar SA221 with a mower deck only (no loader). Buy that and again keep your Kubota for loader work. I see you live in NW Ohio. Not sure where you are in relation to Mt. Vernon Ohio but they have a Yanmar dealer there that is the second highest volume of sales in the US. They have a good mechanic and shop and they have been selling them there for a long time. Duane is the guy to talk to, he knows Yanmar inside and out. I bought mine there and have been very happy with them and the tractor. Yammar USA Brand | Holmes Rental & SalesView attachment 788097
Wow...and that tractor quote doesn't even look like it has a mower.