Bucket Mounted Fishing Platform

/ Bucket Mounted Fishing Platform #1  

NoTrespassing

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 1999 L3710 HST FWA
I've been kicking this idea around in my head for a year or two. I'd like to be able to fish off of our dam and it's pretty steep. I've already have holes in the bucket of my tractor that I attach redneck pallet forks (4x4's) to. I'd like to attach 4 4x4's and plywood to the bucket to make a mobile fishing platform. I would also attach adjustable supports on the front of the platform and set the bucket down to support the back. I think my wife, son, and I could fish off the front, sitting down with our legs hanging over.

/ Bucket Mounted Fishing Platform #2  
leaving out all the safety issues.... most buckets will bleed off.

/ Bucket Mounted Fishing Platform #3  
leaving out all the safety issues.... most buckets will bleed off.
He did say the bucket would be set down for support and extended part supported to the bucket or loader arms.

/ Bucket Mounted Fishing Platform #4  
Just finished cleaning 300 lbs of fish. I'm taking a break.

Attachments

• IMG_20230315_110902.jpg
    IMG_20230315_110902.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 247
   / Bucket Mounted Fishing Platform #5  
Build a raft.

:)

Bruce

/ Bucket Mounted Fishing Platform #6  
I've been kicking this idea around in my head for a year or two. I'd like to be able to fish off of our dam and it's pretty steep. I've already have holes in the bucket of my tractor that I attach redneck pallet forks (4x4's) to. I'd like to attach 4 4x4's and plywood to the bucket to make a mobile fishing platform. I would also attach adjustable supports on the front of the platform and set the bucket down to support the back. I think my wife, son, and I could fish off the front, sitting down with our legs hanging over.
It seems like a lot of work to bolt 4X4's to your bucket every time you want to go fishing. If your L3710 has an SSQA adapter on the FEL, why not get a set of forks?

That way, you could build a nice platform on a pallet and just pick it up with the forks when you want to use it.

You will also find dozens of other uses for the forks. They are one of the most useful implements you can own.

/ Bucket Mounted Fishing Platform
It seems like a lot of work to bolt 4X4's to your bucket every time you want to go fishing. If your L3710 has an SSQA adapter on the FEL, why not get a set of forks?

That way, you could build a nice platform on a pallet and just pick it up with the forks when you want to use it.
That would be ideal yes, unfortunately, I don't have SSQA. The tractor only sees about 20 hours of use per year so it's not that big of a deal. Will probably leave the fishing platform on for the summer, that will be a good excuse to not bushhog. Come fall, the platform will come off and chains and plow with go on.

/ Bucket Mounted Fishing Platform #10